Blog Web Hosting Content Sponsored By: FatCow Web Hosting
As the name implies, blog hosting is primarily designed to host blogs. A blog is simply a public online journal that may or may not contain personal information. Each entry is called a post, which may include text, images, and even video. Blogging software, such as WordPress, is by no means limited to blogging. There are many other possible uses. Here are five.
- Newspaper or Magazine – Some of the world’s top new sources rely on WordPress-powered sites. It has features like submission reviews that allow editors to approve posts before they go live.
- Portfolio – Using the right plugins, you can turn an ordinary blog site into a portfolio to show off your creations, whether you are an artist, writer, musician, or anything else.
- Community site – Some blogging platforms, such as Drupal can integrate multiple blogs and user content into one massive community-based website. This is excellent for gamer communities, religious organizations, or just about any other type of group that wants to offer its people a method of self expression.
- Storefront – It may not seem like the most practical idea, but blogging software is easy to use, and many are very extensible, making it easy to add e-commerce tools. If you do not have much web experience, this is an excellent way to get started without any programming.
- Static Website – Is it overkill to use a dynamic content management system to create a static site? I think not. It is a very quick and easy way to create an online business card, brochure, temporary contest site, etc. You can plug in a pre-created theme and have your site running in a matter of minutes.
Blog hosting is inexpensive, quick, and easy, and as you can see, not limited to blogging. Be creative and do whatever you want with the space and powerful tools you have at your disposal.
- Cloud Blogging vs. Blog Hosting
- Do You Need Whole Website or Just a Blog?
- 4 Things to Look for in a Blog Hosting Provider
- Using a Content Delivery Network for Your Blog
- Equipping Your Blog with Search Engine Friendly URLs