(The Hosting News) – Acquia, the enterprise guide for Drupal, today announced several significant enhancements to the Acquia Network, which provides developers and site builders an unparalleled collection of answers, tools, and support for assembling extraordinary web experiences with Drupal. The enhancements empower Acquia Network subscribers with self-guided training for Drupal concepts and best practices; site testing under a variety of traffic load conditions; an internet marketing report specific to Drupal; and enhanced vision and proactive management of site configuration issues. These apps are designed to complement Acquia Cloud, Drupal-optimized hosting for developers and enterprises.
- Insight: Developed by Acquia, Insight provides Drupal site owners with a dynamic, real-time, at-a-glance view into their sites. It provides metrics for a wide variety of site elements to ensure they are up-to-date, secure, and performing well. Insight:
o Identifies and troubleshoots site problems in real time;
o Audits modules for code changes, and offers fixes;
o Recommends courses of action to address problems and resolve issues;
o Instills Drupal best practices to reduce mistakes and eliminate errors.
To sign up for the Insight Beta program visit http://acquia.com/insight.
- SEO Grader, powered by Volacci, provides an internet marketing review optimized for Drupal. SEO Grader:
○ Confirms redirects and SEO-friendly URLs;
○ Analyzes page structure, “crawlability,” and “findability”;
○ Provides advice on best practices for SEO specific Drupal modules, configuration and more.
- Blitz, powered by Mu Dynamics, is a self-service load and performance testing platform that enables developers to deploy high-performance websites with confidence. Blitz:
○ Load tests elastically from multiple regions worldwide;
○ Scales up to 1M+ users in a few minutes;
○ Easily integrates an iterative load testing process into the development cycle.
- Drupalize.Me, an extensive library of tutorial videos that speed the acquisition of key Drupal skills. Drupalize.Me:
○ Includes over 335 videos, totaling 149 hours of Drupal & jQuery training;
○ Is developed by Lullabot, a firm recognized for their leadership in Drupal training.
In addition, Acquia is announcing the availability of the Acquia Apps Market in Q4, 2011, utilizing the Acquia Network API. The Acquia Apps Market allows software vendors and developers to offer their services and applications to the more than 50,000 Drupal websites served by the Acquia Network. The Acquia Apps Market includes a store where Drupal users will be able to purchase applications developed by third parties. The beta program in progress now includes the four new apps mentioned above, plus four others that are already delivered via the Acquia Network: Mollom spam blocking, New Relic performance optimization, Mobify mobile interface design suite, and Visual Website Optimizer A/B testing tool.
“Acquia has the broadest set of relationships with organizations that provide software, tools, and education for Drupal, and I’m pleased that we continue to strengthen the Acquia Network with these resources,” said Peter Guagenti, Vice President of Services at Acquia. “Acquia Network subscribers gain access to our tools, best practices, training videos from recognized Drupal experts, and the collective knowledge of Acquia’s technical team and partners.
Ajit Sancheti, Co-Founder of Mu Dynamics, the company behind Blitz, praised the move. “Being integrated into the Acquia Network is further proof of the validity of Blitz for developers in need of performance testing. Acquia’s platform offers users a powerful set of capabilities to build websites. When combined with Blitz, application developers get the ease and flexibility needed to integrate performance testing into continuous integration without the addition of significant cost, time or complexity.”
About Acquia™, the enterprise guide to Drupal
Acquia empowers enterprises with the open-source content management system Drupal. Co-founded by Drupal’s creator in 2007, Acquia helps customers manage their growth and scale their online properties with confidence. Acquia’s products, cloud infrastructure, and support enable companies to realize the full power of Drupal while minimizing risk, as it’s done for nearly 1,500 enterprise customers including Twitter, Al Jazeera, Turner, Intuit, World Economic Forum, Stanford University, New York Senate and NPR. See them at http://showcase.acquia.com, and for more information please visit www.acquia.com or call 888-9-ACQUIA.
Drupal is free, open-source software that powers millions of websites and online applications. It runs on industry-standard hosting platforms and connects to virtually all legacy systems. With a community of hundreds of thousands of users and developers, Drupal’s success has spawned an enormous business ecosystem. Learn more at http://drupal.org.