(The Hosting News) – $2.7 million dollars was lost during a recent breach of Citigroup’s system, the company confirmed to CNN on Monday.
By breaching the system last month, the hackers succeeded in compromising user credit card accounts.
The company had initially reported that the breach affected around 1% of its customers. It also compromised user information including customer names and email addresses.
Citigroup contacted customers affected by the breach shortly after its discovery.
With news of the amount, CNN also reported that Citigroup will not hold those affected liable for financial losses.
Based in New York City, Citigroup operates worldwide financial services for nearly 200 million people.
Citigroup is just one of many companies to have its system hacked recently. Lockheed Martin also admitted last month that its system had been breached.
|DEDICATED from HostGator 1500 GB Transfer|
With dedicated server web hosting you have the power to customize it any way you like, or let us decide for you! Your first choice will be what operating system to run. You can choose from Red Hat Linux 9.0, RHEL3, RHEL4, or FreeBSD. 1024 MB Memory, 80 GB HD, 1500 GB Transfer.
- Community Health Systems Hack Affects 4.5 Million Patients Personal Data
- Colocation, VoIP Firm, Level 3, Featured at Citigroup Telecom Conference
- Colocation, VoIP Firm, Level 3, Participates in Citigroup 2008 Global Telecom
- Adobe Hack Much Larger Than Previously Thought
- Iran Reports Internet Loss Due to Cyber Attacks