(The Hosting News) – $2.7 million dollars was lost during a recent breach of Citigroup’s system, the company confirmed to CNN on Monday.
By breaching the system last month, the hackers succeeded in compromising user credit card accounts.
The company had initially reported that the breach affected around 1% of its customers. It also compromised user information including customer names and email addresses.
Citigroup contacted customers affected by the breach shortly after its discovery.
With news of the amount, CNN also reported that Citigroup will not hold those affected liable for financial losses.
Based in New York City, Citigroup operates worldwide financial services for nearly 200 million people.
Citigroup is just one of many companies to have its system hacked recently. Lockheed Martin also admitted last month that its system had been breached.
|Cloud Servers from GetCloudServices|
At GetCloudServices we:
* Understand & resolve challenges in no time;
* Minimize your business risks with our reliable services;
* Deliver cost-effective & real-time IT solutions;
* Provide 100% value for your money.
- Community Health Systems Hack Affects 4.5 Million Patients Personal Data
- Colocation, VoIP Firm, Level 3, Featured at Citigroup Telecom Conference
- Colocation, VoIP Firm, Level 3, Participates in Citigroup 2008 Global Telecom
- Adobe Hack Much Larger Than Previously Thought
- Iran Reports Internet Loss Due to Cyber Attacks