(The Hosting News) – $2.7 million dollars was lost during a recent breach of Citigroup’s system, the company confirmed to CNN on Monday.
By breaching the system last month, the hackers succeeded in compromising user credit card accounts.
The company had initially reported that the breach affected around 1% of its customers. It also compromised user information including customer names and email addresses.
Citigroup contacted customers affected by the breach shortly after its discovery.
With news of the amount, CNN also reported that Citigroup will not hold those affected liable for financial losses.
Based in New York City, Citigroup operates worldwide financial services for nearly 200 million people.
Citigroup is just one of many companies to have its system hacked recently. Lockheed Martin also admitted last month that its system had been breached.
|Professional Web Hosting from JustHost - The last hosting plan you´ll ever need.|
* Unlimited GBs of Space and Transfer
* Unlimited Domain Web Hosting
* Unlimited E-Mail Accounts
* Unlimited MySQL Databases
* FREE Domain for Life
- Colocation, VoIP Firm, Level 3, Featured at Citigroup Telecom Conference
- Colocation, VoIP Firm, Level 3, Participates in Citigroup 2008 Global Telecom
- Adobe Hack Much Larger Than Previously Thought
- Iran Reports Internet Loss Due to Cyber Attacks
- Major Hack Attack Hits Pakistani ccTLD Domains