Citigroup Hack Results in $2.3 Million Loss
June 27th, 2011 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – $2.7 million dollars was lost during a recent breach of Citigroup’s system, the company confirmed to CNN on Monday.
By breaching the system last month, the hackers succeeded in compromising user credit card accounts.
The company had initially reported that the breach affected around 1% of its customers. It also compromised user information including customer names and email addresses.
Citigroup contacted customers affected by the breach shortly after its discovery.
With news of the amount, CNN also reported that Citigroup will not hold those affected liable for financial losses.
Based in New York City, Citigroup operates worldwide financial services for nearly 200 million people.
Citigroup is just one of many companies to have its system hacked recently. Lockheed Martin also admitted last month that its system had been breached.
|Caronet Cloud - VMware Private and Public Cloud|
* No Force-Fitting Configurations - Build to Your Requirements
* Enhanced Security, High Performance and Robust Infrastructure
* Fully-Redundant Architecture Built for High Reliability
* RESTful API - User Friendly & Syncs Easily with Current Programming
* Enterprise Level Support 24 x 7 x365