(The Hosting News) – Amazon’s popular cloud computing platform AWS once again found itself in hot water Monday, dealing with an outage causing temporary downtime on Reddit.com and other major web presences.
The cloud provider reported issues affecting services such as Elastic Compute Cloud, ElastiCache and the company’s Relational Database Service (RDS) via its health services dashboard. Responsible for the solutions is the company’s North Virginia data center.
Aside from Reddit, other major web presences affected included Foursquare and Quora, according to a report from ZDNet.
The cause of the incident remains unknown. However, a CNET report indicated that a member from hacking collective Anonymous had claimed responsibility for causing the fault. “I’m attacking amazon for about 4 horus but just posted now i had to have sure it was all down,” stated a Tweet from the account of Anonymous Own3r.
Amazon, however, declined to comment on the matter to CNET, instead referring users to the company’s Service Health Dashboard for the latest information.
The popular cloud computing platform has experienced its fair share of downtime in the past. Earlier this year in June, a cable fault at the company’s Virginia data center was to blame for a similar instance. The company has also had previous downtime issues regarding its Dublin, Ireland facility. Look for Amazon to release a report regarding the incident in the coming days.
|Unlimited Everything Hostgator.com Hosting $4.95|
* Our web hosting is 100% GREEN!!!!!!!
* FREE Site Builder + Free 4,500 Templates
* 24/7/365 phone, chat, and email support.
* 99.9% uptime guarantee!
- Amazon Data Center Incident Hits Instagram, Vine
- The Latest in High Performance Cloud Computing: Limestone Networks Announces LSN Cloud
- Microsoft Restores BPOS After Outage
- OnApp Launches Latest Cloud Software
- Lights Out Set to Hit Wikipedia & Reddit in SOPA/PIPA Protest