(The Hosting News) – Linux hosting OS provider CloudLinux on Wednesday expanded its PHP offerings by announcing the availability of PHP 5.5 to its Selector tool for PHP coding.
CloudLinux’s OS offers features such as resource limits, tenant isolation, expert support, simplified conversion, application resource limits and more.
Discussing the matter in a press release, CloudLinux CEO Igor Seletskiy called the scripting language “possibly the most widely used aspect of any shared web hosting plan.”
“Like the rest of the web hosting community, we are excited to start exploring the new features of PHP version 5.5. However, many hosting companies and their customers would not usually deploy an Alpha version on a large-scale, server-wide basis. CloudLinux and PHP Selector make it possible for hosting providers to assign individual accounts their own PHP version without affecting other sites on the same hardware,” Seletskiy continued.
The CloudLinux CEO also emphasized that the availability of PHP Selector made is easier for those in the hosting community to gain access to PHP features.
Added features with the offering of PHP 5.5 include password hashing API, loop-controlling Generators and more.
|Steadfast Colocation, Support | Chicago and New Jersey|
- Three locations: Two in downtown Chicago, one in Edison, New Jersey
- 100% Uptime SLA in Tier II and Tier III data centers
- Multiple carrier options available
- Meets regulatory compliance: SSAE16 and SAS70 audited
- Management Available, allowing more time for your core business
- CloudLinux Announces 2012 Year in Review
- CloudLinux Announces Partnership with VinaCIS
- CloudLinux Unveils Improved LVE Manager Plugin
- CloudLinux Announces Agreement with Parallels
- CloudLinux Announces KernelCare.com Rebootless Kernel Update Service