Compliant Solutions Power Layered Tech Growth
July 9th, 2013 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Compliant hosting leader Layered Tech reported that it has achieved robust revenue and employment growth during the past several years and that it expects to do additional hiring. The managed hosting and cloud services company attributed the recent and projected growth to its success in serving clients that have complex hosting needs and stringent data security requirements.
Layered Tech now employs approximately 180 people nationwide, with about half of those positions located in the Kansas City area. Since acquiring Kansas City-based GSI Hosting in late 2010, Layered Tech has increased the Kansas City staff by nearly 30%. The company expects to hire approximately 20 additional people in the area within the next 18-24 months.
Despite sluggishness in the broader economy, Layered Tech has generated strong revenue and earnings growth during the past five years. Specifically, the company’s focus on Security and Compliance services has paid off as this area has seen monthly recurring revenue (MRR) grow at a compounded annual rate of 43% from late 2007 to early 2013, with a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 26% for earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) for the 7 quarters from Q2 2011 to Q1 2013.
Strong growth in revenue, earnings, and employment has validated Layered Tech’s business model, the key features of which are:
- Specialization in serving clients whose IT workloads must satisfy very strict information security requirements, including compliance with security standards such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, and FISMA.
- Support for a variety of hosted IT architectures including dedicated hosting, private cloud, public cloud, and hybrid solutions.
- Delivery of state-of-art managed services including a recently launched Application Performance Monitoring service.
Layered Tech’s PCI compliant hosting solutions and HIPAA compliant hosting solutions enable the company to serve security-conscious clients in the financial and healthcare sectors. The hosting provider’s 2012 acquisition of New World Apps positioned Layered Tech to also meet the needs of federal agencies and contractors whose IT workloads must comply with FISMA regulations for data security. Layered Tech’s willingness to provide its PCI, HIPAA, and FISMA hosting clients with a Compliance Guarantee is another key differentiator for the hosting firm.
Layered Tech’s successes have caught the eye of industry observers and players. For example, a recent Compuware report rated three Layered Tech data centers among the top five data centers in the United States, and concluded that for speed and efficiency Layered Tech’s cloud hosting services out-perform industry giants like Amazon, Google, and Rackspace. Gartner’s 2103 Magic Quadrant for Managed Hosting took note of Layered Tech’s strength in delivering complex, compliant hosting services and its ability to back up such services with a compliance guarantee. Also for 2013, Microsoft selected Layered Tech as a Partner of the Year for its expertise in providing FISMA-compliant cloud hosting solutions to federal agencies and contractors.
“We’ve made significant strides in improving all aspects of our service and infrastructure,” says Jack Finlayson, Layered Tech Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, “Our hard work and dedication are paying off. Heading into the second half of the year, we look forward to maintaining this upward momentum by staying focused on providing superior cloud and networking services.”
To support its continued growth and industry leadership, Layered Tech also announced several personnel moves including promotions to top management positions. Nate Brancato has been promoted to Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing; Mark Ford has been promoted to Director of Managed Services Client Support; and David Martin has been promoted to Director of Advanced Client Services. Allison Herd, a recent addition to Layered Tech, is now Senior Director of Human Resources.
About Layered Tech
Layered Technologies (Layered Tech), a leading global provider of compliant and secure cloud and hosting services, offers PCI-, HIPAA- and FISMA-compliant hosting solutions, managed dedicated hosting and cloud computing services, including Compliance Guaranteed, which ensures that all Layered Tech compliance services are guaranteed to pass 100 percent of every IT audit or assessment. By providing high-quality technology, infrastructure and support, Layered Tech enables clients to eliminate capital expenses and save on operating costs so they can focus on core initiatives. Layered Tech’s scalable infrastructure powers millions of sites and Internet-enabled applications, including e-commerce and SaaS solutions. Clients include federal, state and local government agencies; large enterprises with advanced data security, compliance and uptime requirements; and leading-edge Web 2.0 startups. For more information, visit http://http://www.layeredtech.com.
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering