(The Hosting News) – A Dedicated Host is more than just another supplier, and the decision you make when choosing your host can be a ‘make or break’ one when it comes to executing your online strategy. A top quality Dedicated Host is a partner in your success, anticipating your needs and having solutions in place when you need them.
Here are five key points to consider when evaluating your current or future Dedicated Host:
1) Brand names versus generic equipment – The days of cutting corners with white box equipment are past, and the first step to securing a reliable, high performing internet presence is by building it on brand name architecture. A first rate Dedicated Host will offer service packages using technology from industry leaders like IBM, Cisco, and Microsoft.
2) Enterprise grade hosts have enterprise class customers – Continuing the theme of ‘the company you keep’, the best indicator of a Dedicated Host’s ability to deliver enterprise class services is whether or not they already have enterprise class customers. Dedicated hosts with high end clients know what it takes to execute large, complex solutions. More importantly, they know the difference between planning and doing.
3) Rock solid infrastructure – If IT solutions are built on technology, then the quality of that technology directly impacts the services delivered. When you choose the right Dedicated Host, your business benefits from the maximum reliability and top performance than comes from disaster proof multi-million dollar infrastructure. True redundancy and â€œfive ninesâ€ uptime doesn’t come cheaply, and infrastructure is a key differentiator for the best Dedicated Hosts.
4) Supporting services – The core services provided by your Dedicated Host should be exactly that – the framework for your web or application hosting deployment. It should be a starting point that is made more robust and efficient through professional supporting services. Fully managed servers solutions for data security, content delivery, and complex applications protect and add value to your IT investment.
5) Quality of support – As critical as the above 4 items are when selecting a Dedicated Host, the quality of support arguably outweighs them all. Brand name hardware and millions of dollars of infrastructure don’t mean a whole lot when you’re down at 2AM and can’t get a live support person on the phone. A quality Dedicated Server Host doesn’t just have support staff on call; they’re on site 24/7/365.
There is no shortage of dedicated hosting companies vying for your business, and the Dedicated Host you choose is going to be more than just another supplier. In a 21st century marketplace that is driven by the Web, a subpar Dedicated Host can be the difference between success and failure.