CTEX Adds Data Center in Caribbean
December 28th, 2012 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Curaçao Technology Exchange (CTEX), N.V., today reached a critical project milestone. The company which is building the most advanced data center in the Caribbean & Latin America, reached the highest construction point and finished off roofing and critical internal and external structures of the main building.
“With the help of local and international contractors, our shareholders and local financial partners we reached the highest point of the CTEX data center while at the same time completing major structural work of ‘CU-1’ the first of four 5,700 square meters LEED and Tier-IV certified data centers. Developing a purpose built data center is not an easy task. This becomes an even more complicated endeavor when building a Tier-IV facility. The details around structural integrity required to withstand a Category V hurricane and seismic level 3 earthquake is significant. Too, with the help of Schneider Electric, Habibe & Maia architects, Civil Engineering Caribbean, Dusron (local contractor) and Greenblock, the region will have an advanced facility that meets and exceeds international standards for design and engineering. In just under eight months, we crossed one of the project’s major milestones. We could not get to this stage without the relentless focus of the team to meet deadlines and find creative ways to speed up the construction cycle. All attention will now be placed on implementing critical mechanical, electrical and plumbing components which will be our next major milestone. Present planning calls for final commissioning of the building in July 2013,” said Anthony de Lima the company’s Chairman & CEO.
Together with Greenblock, CTEX is using integrated concrete forms (ICF) as a method to reduce cooling requirements by significantly insolating the interior of the facility from outside elements and to dramatically speed up construction timelines. CTEX’s ‘CU-‘1 will be the first TIER-IV Uptime Institute certified data center in the Caribbean and Latin America, making Curaçao a unique destination for businesses in the region. Curaçao was chosen as the site for the region’s most ambitious technology initiative due to its geographic location, which is outside the hurricane belt and major seismic zones, the multi-lingual nature of its workforce, connectivity, political neutrality and fiscal benefits.
CTEX was recently awarded with the prestigious DatacenterDynamics 2012 LATAM Award for incorporating the most advanced design and engineering specifications of any data center in the Caribbean and Latin America. Too CTEX will be a major landing station for various new submarine telecommunication cable systems including the recently announced Pacific Caribbean Cable system that will interconnect North America, the Caribbean and Latin America through 100G connections.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ctexpartners.com/
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering