(The Hosting News) – Most enterprises still running Windows Server 2003 did not budget for migrating off the soon-to-be-unsupported operating system, and more than two thirds of planned migrations have yet to begin or are in the early definition stage, according to the latest data fromAppZero. A recent study involving AppZero’s more than 100 systems integrators working directly with customers on Windows Server 2003 mitigations indicates some 50% of customers have no budget to migrate enterprise applications, while approximately 42% said they will move applications to the cloud and/or lock them down by adding a security layer in an attempt to lower risk. Windows 2003 servers face increased cybersecurity risks because Microsoft will no longer issue security updates after the end of support period next week.
Customers Didn’t Budget For Windows Server 2003 End of Support, Survey Says
|Caronet Managed Hosting Services - Engineered for YOUR business|
* Your True Managed Services Provider - Cloud, Colo, Dedicated Solutions
* Multiple Levels of Support to Ensure You Pay for Only What You Need
* Focus More on Revenue Generating Activities and Applications
* Technical Engineers are on call and available for 24 x 7 x 365 Support
* Named to 2015 Managed Service Provider 500 List by CRN