Dallas, Texas – (The Hosting News) – October 6, 2009 – On-demand data center services provider, SoftLayer Technologies, has enhanced its line of CloudLayer services, with the addition of Bare Metal Cloud computing instances which do not require a hypervisor.
The new solution , providing a cloud computing option that’s more viable for workloads that demand direct access to physical hardware, such as databases and calculation-intensive applications.
Nathan Day, Chief Technology Officer, SoftLayer remarked, ”Bare Metal Cloud gives customers with certain workloads the opportunity to enjoy the flexibility, provisioning, and on-demand billing advantages of cloud computing. It’s scalable and pay as you go – all the power and advantages of virtualized hardware without the overhead of a hypervisor.”
Bare Metal Cloud customers can select the number of cores needed to adapt to workloads and capacity required, with their choice of hourly and monthly rates:
- 2 Core – 2GB RAM -250GB HDD – $159.00 Monthly + 2000GB or $0.50 Hourly + $0.10/GB Bandwidth
- 4 Core – 4GB RAM – 250GB HDD – $199.00 Monthly + 2000GB or $0.75 Hourly + $0.10/GB Bandwidth
- 8 Core – 8GB RAM – 250GB HDD – $299.00 Monthly + 2000GB or $1.00 Hourly + $0.10/GB Bandwidth
- 16 Core – 16GB RAM – 250GB HDD – $399.00 Monthly + 2000GB or $1.25 Hourly + $0.10/GB Bandwidth
Â SoftLayer’s CloudLayer services provide a wide-range of benefits, including:
- Pay As You Go or Monthly Packages: Monthly billing is based on hourly usage or monthly plans with no long-term commitment, letting customers optimize their return on technology investment by paying only for the resources they need and use. Hourly billing will be offered in the near future.
- Immediate Scalability: Services are added in real time to accommodate unexpected or temporary changes in demand, providing exactly the level of IT power and capacity as needed, when needed.
- Ease of Use and Control:Full control via SoftLayer’s Customer Portal and API provides streamlined, simplified management, as well as direct access to all SoftLayer services and tools.
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, SoftLayer delivers world-class, on-demand virtual data center services on a global basis from facilities located in Dallas, TX; Seattle, WA; and Washington, DC. SoftLayer integrates all facets of IT to innovate industry-leading solutions that are fully automated. This empowers customers with complete control, security, scalability, and ease-of-management for their IT environment.
For more information, please visit: www.softlayer.com.