DataVita, Scotland’s premier datacentre provider, has announced this week that it has filled the critical role of Datacentre Manager for its growing team, in advance of the launch of the Fortis datacentre. After an extensive search to find the right candidate with the experience of managing a large scale, mission critical datacentre facility, DataVita has selected Graeme Logie, UK Datacentre for Oracle as its Datacentre Manager.
Danny Quinn, Operations Director at Datavita said: “The appointment of a Datacentre Manager was always going to be one of the most important decisions we needed to make. We searched the length of the country and further afield, to find the right candidate but in the end we selected Graeme, who was based in Oracle’s Linlithgow facility and was responsible for managing all their UK datacentres.”. Quinn goes on to say: “Graeme not only had the right skills and experience but more crucially he understood what we are trying to do at DataVita and the opportunity we have to create a truly world-class facility in Scotland with world-class customer service.”.
DataVita believes how the datacentre is operated 24×7 is as crucial as the design and construction of the facility. It is why they are on track to become the first UK co-location datacentre certified by the Uptime Institute for Design, Construction and Operational Sustainability.
Graeme Logie started with DataVita in March and is now leading the final fit out programme to launch the live service in June 2016. Graeme said: “My role at Oracle was very satisfying but the opportunity to join DataVita as Datacentre Manager with a remit to finalise and mange one of the largest, next generation, energy efficient datacentres in the UK (the biggest in Scotland by far) was simply too good to turn down. What DataVita is doing with the Fortis datacentre is truly ground breaking in the co-location market and I’m looking forward to all the challenges and rewards the role will bring.”.
For further information, contact Gareth Lush, Commercial Director at Datavita on 07470 328027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Datavita, a new Scottish business is operating from Fortis, Scotland’s new next generation green data centre
- Construction work complete, final stage DataVita fit out due to start live service in June 2016
- Fortis is Scotland’s largest and most energy efficient purpose built data centre
- £200m project which will create 50 high value skilled jobs over the next 5 years
- 100,000 sqft facility with capacity for 2000 racks will be powered by 100% renewable energy sources
- Scotland’s cool climate will help customers of the datacentre achieve up to 40% reduction in power costs and up to 95% reduction in carbon emissions