Developers Hope to Kickstart Neon Control Panel
January 3rd, 2013 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Could there be a new up and comer in the area of hosting control panels? Neon, an initiative launched by developers is hoping to collect at least 10 thousand dollars via a recently launched fundraising campaign at Kickstarter.com.
Neon plans to be based on Debian – a version of Linux OS.
Creators intend two versions: a Community Support Edition along with a Pro Edition. The community one will feature things like a file manager, MySQL & PHP integration, DNS, backups, and email management while the latter will add things priority and ticket support. Other features of Pro will include a WHMCS module along with master reseller support.
“Developing a large system takes time and effort, we stand prepared to continue developing the project and have the experience and professionalism to complete the project,” comment the developers via their page at kickstarter.com
Dependant upon how much funds are raised, developers plan to add additional support. If up to $15 thousand is accounted for, compatibility with Apache and Lighthttpd is expected. In other increments including $20 thousand, $30 thousand and $40 thousands, fundraising could allow Neon’s creators to add support for things like remote automatic backups, file cloning, REHL, CentOS, Fedora and Ubuntu compatibility.
Meanwhile, incentives for supporting the project include access to professional licenses, among other notable things.
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering