(The Hosting News) – Had a problem accessing Windows Live services recently? Then you’re not alone. According to various reports (and later confirmed by Microsoft), popular Windows Live software faced an outage last night.
According to a Windows Live blog, such services included SkyDrive (document storage), Hotmail, and more. Upon initially updating users on the matter following its occurrence, Windows Live stated, “We believe we have restored service for all customers at this time.”
“We will continue our investigation into the root cause of these issues and post an update following our investigation”, the statement continued.
Despite that, it appeared that problems continued to persist with Windows Live later stating, “We’re aware of reports including the comments posted below that some customers still are seeing issues.”
Later on, it seemed that DNS configuration was the cause for the issue, which Microsoft worked to fix. By 11:49 PM yesterday, it appeared that the problem had mostly been solved. “We have completed propagating our DNS configuration changes around the world, and have restored service for most customers,” Windows Live said.
According to CNET, the outage lasted for around three hours.
Plenty of popular online services have faced outages recently. Just last month, Microsoft faced issues concerning its Business Productivity Online Standard Suite (BPOS). Around the same time, Amazon Web Services was hit by an outage that effected Amazon CloudWatch and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud.
Besides Hotmail and SkyDrive, other Windows Live services include Messenger, Contacts, and Essentials. The online platform launched in 2005.
For more information on the matter from Windows Live, visit: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2011/09/08/current-hotmail-and-skydrive-issues.aspx
|Dedicated Servers | Work with Steadfast Experts|
- Steadfast experts design, implement and support your custom solution
- 100% Uptime SLA, and easy growth options for your business
- 24/7/365 onsite support; 2 hour hardware replacement
- On-demand DNS management, security assessments and antivirus protection
- 50 GB backup space included
- Chatwing Available for Windows Live Spaces
- Amazon Details Cloud Crash In New Report
- Standing Cloud Solves Reliability Issue Through Redundancy
- Network Solutions Partners with Microsoft to Offer Windows SharePoint Services
- LeaseWeb Details DNS Hijack Issue