(The Hosting News) – Domain.com, a leading web services company, today unveiled the world’s most eco-friendly web hosting plans. Featuring a 150% wind power offset for hosting servers, tree planting for each new account, and computer equipment donations for reuse and recycling, Domain.com’s web hosting plans represent the industry’s greenest yet.
“Domain.com’s updated hosting plans reflect an aggressive commitment to do what we can to help the planet be more environmentally sustainable,” said David Andrews, Brand Manager for Domain.com. “Our customers can also show their commitment by displaying wind-powered hosting badges on their websites to let visitors know their websites are eco-friendly.”
Domain.com’s environmentally friendly initiatives feature:
• 150% wind power offset for all web hosting servers through Bonneville Environmental Foundation
• Used computer and server donations to a Basel Action network certified e-recycler, the gold standard in ethical e-waste recycling
• A tree planted for each new web hosting account via Trees for the Future
• Partnering with Clark Public Utilities’ Green Lights program to offset office power use
• 100% carbon dioxide offset of annual employee commute transportation
• Eliminating the use of paper cups in the office and replacing them with mugs and stainless steel water bottles
• Increasing paper waste recycling and committing to the proposition of a paperless office
• Recognizing and supporting employee efforts in the areas of composting, vegetable gardening, and alternative transportation
Domain.com’s new and improved environmental features complement a powerful hosting infrastructure that utilizes energy-efficient servers. With Domain.com hosting, it’s easy to find a domain name and build an effective website while at the same time supporting the adoption of renewable energy.