When you want to manage a Windows server, there are not a lot of quality web-based control panels available, especially if you want something that is familiar and easy to use. One option you might want to consider is Enkompass, a Windows control panel designed by the makers of cPanel/WHM.
Among significant features of Enkompass is that it provides the same familiar cPanel interface that millions of users depend on for the daily management of their websites. Therefore, if you are comfortable using cPanel for Linux servers, Enkompass will make you feel right at home.
Some of the features of Enkompass are:
- Works with Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft IIS7 web server
- Supports both MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2008
- Utilizes Active Directory for enhanced scalability
- Scripting management, including .NET, ASP, PHP, Perl, AJAX, Silverlight, XML, and others.
- Standard web features: domain management, database management, FTP setup, email accounts, analytics (with AWSTATS), and file management.
There are many reasons why a user or system administrator may want to have a Linux server, Windows server, or both, and with Enkompass, you can create a unified web-based management experience that encompasses both Linux and Windows.
You can install Enkompass on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2. With it you also get the cPanel community for support, as well as the documentation available on the cPanel website. This includes full installation instructions, from preparing Active Directory to actually installing the control panel. Once installed, it will function pretty much the way you would expect any other cPanel web hosting automation system to function. This includes server, reseller, and user website management options.