(The Hosting News) – EPiServer has announced its next generation content management system, EPiServer CMS. The new system delivers a powerful suite of solutions via an open, intuitive platform, including a new OnlineCenter that makes it easy for businesses to develop, manage and measure all aspects of their online presence.
“To stand out on the web, we need tools that increase traffic and keep visitors coming back,” said Tom Kracht, CTO of The Bancorp, Inc., a bank holding company that operates The Bancorp Bank, an FDIC-insured online commercial bank that delivers a full array of financial services and products nationally, both directly and through private-label affinity programs. “EPiServer CMS lets us quickly develop a compelling online presence and easily manage that presence to ensure we are meeting the needs of our customers. The new EPiServer OnlineCenter provides a centralized dashboard that allows us to be efficient in utilizing all aspects of our website, so that we may support our current clients while growing our business.”
EPiServer CMS is the only platform on the market today designed to support content, commerce and community. It goes beyond traditional content management systems to deliver a powerful set of solutions that include social media and community applications, as well as SEO, personalization and rich internet applications. OnlineCenter was designed into the platform to make it simple for web developers, editors and content owners to monitor, manage and measure numerous sites and online communications channels via a customizable dashboard. Instead of merely storing content and publishing online, EPiServer CMS delivers extended functionality that enables businesses to more effectively engage with target audiences at the right time to improve sales conversions.
“We are dedicated to continually enhancing our CMS platform to meet the evolving needs of our customers,” said Martin Henricson, CEO of EPiServer. “Our new generation CMS provides the building blocks needed to take full advantage of the Engaged Web by making it easy to design and deliver better, more compelling websites that net impressive returns.”
Adapted and designed for tomorrow’s web
Built on the .NET framework, using open standards, EPiServer CMS integrates with other business applications such as ERP and CRM systems, Microsoft SharePoint, and search solutions, empowering customers to create and manage highly optimized websites with familiar tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio. And, unlike other CMS solutions, EPiServer is supported by an open-source-like developer community that helps dramatically expand the platform and the ways in which it can be used. Key features include:
• OnlineCenter provides a single, customizable and accessible dashboard for easy navigation and editing of web content, as well as the means for tracking and monitoring online activities. Users can access their work from anywhere via a browser, affording control at all times.
• Global Navigation enables users to easily navigate their complete online presence, including different integrated products such as EPiServer CMS, EPiServer Community and EPiServer Mail as well as third-party products from one, easy-to-manage place.
• A Best of Breed Editing Environment allows editors to maintain, change and update content, text, images, pages and workflows in an instant. They can localize and customize content for different markets and languages, and set personalization features for different audiences.
• Globalization and Multi-site Management lets users manage separate sites from the same user environment – an essential feature for companies that support multiple audiences and languages. Users can share content and functionality, such as templates, files, categories and images across multiple sites and have a full overview of all sites in one place.
• Global Search gives editors ultimate control of the content on a site or across multiple sites, enabling them to quickly and easily find, edit and publish content.
• Friendly URLs lend elegance and clarity to a site and improve usability and the user experience. These URLs are search engine friendly, improve page rankings and help seed content in social media environments.
• Detailed Reporting makes it easy for users to quickly find information about their websites, such as changed pages, expired pages, pages not yet published and link status. This enables for quick, easy changes to be made without having to research to find areas that need attention.
• Publish Directly from Microsoft Office to streamline professional editor’s workflow. Content can be published directly to the web site from familiar desktop applications such as Microsoft Word, or existing content can be migrated directly to the site avoiding tedious cut-and-paste work. A unique file system makes it easy to integrate with any file repository and integrate with Microsoft SharePoint through a two-way connector.
The next generation EPiServer CMS has completed beta testing with customers, and is available immediately. For more information, contact EPiServer at (630) 613-7550, email email@example.com or visit or visit www.episerver.com.