Epsilon Security Breach Puts Customer Email Addresses at Risk
(The Hosting News) – Epsilon, a marketing firm used by companies such as Best Buy, Chase, Capitol One, Tivo, and Walgreens detected an unauthorized entry into its system on Sunday. Epsilon provides marketing services to more than 2,500 companies. These companies use this vendor to send emails to their customers.
Epsilon assured the companies that the files accessed only included customer email addresses. No further sensitive information was known to have been included. Companies are fearful that the compromised Epsilon information could be used by hackers to target the customers with viruses, scams, and spam. In released statements, many of the companies urged caution and recommended that their customers not give out any personal information through email. Such information includes credit card numbers, social security numbers, and passwords.
It is possible that the breach could be one of the largest in history. The Dallas-based marketing firm is currently carrying out a full investigation into the matter.
|Caronet Managed Hosting Services - Engineered for YOUR business|
* Your True Managed Services Provider - Cloud, Colo, Dedicated Solutions
* Multiple Levels of Support to Ensure You Pay for Only What You Need
* Focus More on Revenue Generating Activities and Applications
* Technical Engineers are on call and available for 24 x 7 x 365 Support
* Named to 2015 Managed Service Provider 500 List by CRN