Facebook Invests in Ads with Atlas Buy
March 1st, 2013 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Following a high profile buy of Instagram last year, Facebook on Thursday continued expanding its portfolio, announcing that it would acquire Microsoft’s Atlas Advertiser Suite.
The social network, meanwhile, explained the reasoning behind the bid in a blog post.
“We plan to improve Atlas’ capabilities by investing in scaling its back-end measurement systems and enhancing its current suite of advertiser tools on desktop and mobile. We will also work to improve the user interface and functionality with the goal of making Atlas the most effective, intuitive, and powerful ad serving, management and measurement platform in the industry,” commented the company’s Brian Boland.
Among the capabilities provided for through Atlas are search, advanced analytics, training and more.
Facebook also noted many marketers of the social network were already relying on the platform. “Today’s agreement brings us closer together in a way that benefits both Facebook and Atlas’ agency and marketer clients. Atlas clients should not see any change to the service they receive today, and we will continue to innovate and invest in the Atlas platform,” the social site went on to say.
In the recent past, Facebook has kept busy delving into others areas aside from its main specialty. The company previously launched the Open Compute Project – a group popularizing the idea of sharing open data center designs related to such things as servers, storage, hardware management, certification and more.
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering