(The Hosting News) – Following a high profile buy of Instagram last year, Facebook on Thursday continued expanding its portfolio, announcing that it would acquire Microsoft’s Atlas Advertiser Suite.
The social network, meanwhile, explained the reasoning behind the bid in a blog post.
“We plan to improve Atlas’ capabilities by investing in scaling its back-end measurement systems and enhancing its current suite of advertiser tools on desktop and mobile. We will also work to improve the user interface and functionality with the goal of making Atlas the most effective, intuitive, and powerful ad serving, management and measurement platform in the industry,” commented the company’s Brian Boland.
Among the capabilities provided for through Atlas are search, advanced analytics, training and more.
Facebook also noted many marketers of the social network were already relying on the platform. “Today’s agreement brings us closer together in a way that benefits both Facebook and Atlas’ agency and marketer clients. Atlas clients should not see any change to the service they receive today, and we will continue to innovate and invest in the Atlas platform,” the social site went on to say.
In the recent past, Facebook has kept busy delving into others areas aside from its main specialty. The company previously launched the Open Compute Project – a group popularizing the idea of sharing open data center designs related to such things as servers, storage, hardware management, certification and more.
|DTS-NET In business since 1997|
- 100% Uptime SLA, Consulting & Managed Services
- 30 minute or less Support response and full hardware replacement
- Colocation, VPS, Dedicated Servers
- never pay for bandwidth overages again .
- Facebook Rolling Out News Feed Overhaul
- aQuantive’s Atlas DMT Announces Acquisition of GO TOAST
- SplashLab Social Announces Facebook Tab Manager
- Facebook Pays the Price for Sponsored Stories
- Facebook Explores Discounts, Set To Rival Groupon