When you have cPanel installed on your server, it permeates through every part of it, fully integrating with your system and allowing you to have full control through your hosting automation. The precision with which you can fine tune your server is great, so it is no surprise that cPanel offers the same level of fine tuning for WHM itself. Tweak Settings are a collection of configuration tools to fine tune WHM exactly the way you need it.
To access Tweak Settings in WHM, navigate to Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings. All of the changes you make in Tweak Settings are stored in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config.
Some of the configuration options include:
- cPAddons Site Software – Here you can configure the settings for website addons that are installed through cPanel
- Compression – Configure the use of pigz compression for website backups
- Display – Configure settings such as the login theme and some information display settings
- Domains – Specify how domains are parked and managed, as well as several DNS settings
- Notifications – Receive notifications for disk usage quotas, bandwidth limits, etc.
- Security – Security features such as browser login autocomplete, cookie IP validation, and whether to send a password through email when creating a new account
- Stats and Logs – Fine tune Awstats, access logs, and other log settings
All of the tools in Tweak Settings are easy to use, just like the rest of cPanel and WHM. For a complete list and documentation, visit the cPanel documentation website.