(The Hosting News) – GMX (www.gmx.com), one of the world’s leading e-mail providers, is accelerating its growth by taking over the American internet domain Mail.com. In addition to the portal, the acquisition also includes the e-mail customers of the globally active brand. In the American market, GMX Internet Services Inc., (www.gmx.com), not only secures the catchy international domain itself, but also further attractive e-mail identifiers using domains such as email.com, doctor.com, consultant.com, post.com or usa.com. The portal Mail.com offers a news portal with the categories Politics, Economy, Sports and Entertainment as well as further services such as search functions, a job market and games along with its e-mail service.
Over the course of the integration, the current e-mail service will be replaced, with every user receiving the award-winning GMX e-mail interface. The migration of data is scheduled to start within the next few months. In the immediate future, there will be no changes resulting for users of GMX.com.
“With Mail.com, we are looking forward to being able to combine the best international domain for e-mails with our successful e-mail product”, says CEO GMX Jan Oetjen. “The specific strength of this domain is its generic character: You can easily memorize the name Mail.com, it is an attractive and at the same time neutral alternative to provider-oriented address endings such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Google Mail globally. On the internationally highly competitive e-mail market we perceive this generic e-mail domain as a unique opportunity for differentiation, which cannot be copied.”
In connection to the acquisition of Mail.com, the previous owner MMC has also agreed on strategic cooperation for the website India.com, which is also part of the MMC portfolio. This website will also take advantage of GMX e-mail products.
|Black Lotus DDoS mitigation Service|
- 24x7 mitigation with guaranteed SLA
- DDoS mitigation facilities throughout North America and Europe
- 480 Gbps of active DDoS mitigation capacity
- Service delivery via GRE, physical cross connections or virtual Ethernet service
- Protect your servers or entire IP space from attacks
- Rackspace Managed Hosting, Acquires E-Mail Hosting Firm, Webmail.us
- New E-mail Client Introduces Advanced Features
- Yahoo! to Acquire E-Mail Hosting Firm, Zimbra
- Intermedia.NET Adds Personalized Mail to Web Hosting Services
- Hosting for VoIP, by Internet Service Provider, Mail.Ru, Deploys GIPS Solution