(The Hosting News) – Top domain registrar Go Daddy and retail giant Office Max announced a partnership on Thursday, a deal that will provide the web host a presence via company stores.
With the initiative, Go Daddy is hoping to more greatly extend its services to small businesses. In a press release, Go Daddy VP of Marketing Teri Dhooge noted the web host’s “in-store presence” would provide an opportunity to help such entities.
“The Internet is at the heart of today’s economy. If you’re not building an online presence, you’re missing opportunities to capture new customers, yet, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, nearly seventy-five percent of businesses don’t have a website. Partnering with OfficeMax means we can help more people leverage the power of the Internet – people who may not realize how easy it can be,” Dhooge continued.
No monthly fees to the services apply and Go Daddy noted clientele would more easily be able to perform tasks such as domain registration along with creating professional websites.
“Having a digital presence is instrumental to business success, as it’s increasingly where consumers and businesses go to research and shop. Together with Go Daddy, we’re offering a complete array of products and services to help small businesses boost their online visibility, reach customers and drive sales in the digital space,” remarked OfficeMax’s Michael Lewis, an executive VP with the retail chain.
The new partnership beween the two companies follows a previous announcement in December in which Go Daddy said it would provide a new site builder component for mobile web presences. Next month, the web host will run commercials advertising the .CO domain extension during the Super Bowl.
|DTS-NET In business since 1997|
- 100% Uptime SLA, Consulting & Managed Services
- 30 minute or less Support response and full hardware replacement
- Colocation, VPS, Dedicated Servers
- never pay for bandwidth overages again .
- Go Daddy Super Bowl Ad Will Again Focus on .CO
- Web.com Partners with Google Adwords and Encore for National Retail Program
- Web Host & Domain News-Digital River Opens Online Software Retail Channel for Hi
- Go Daddy Domain Name Total Reaches 40 Million.