Go Daddy Ramps Up Site Building with Hires
December 18th, 2012 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Less than a week after revealing its next CEO, top web host Go Daddy continues to make big moves via its executive operation.
On Monday, the company filled two positions including the newly created role of Senior VP of Corporate Development, naming David Popowitz to the position. Popowitz previously worked at Morgan Stanley as an investment banker.
Also in the mix is Raj Mukherjee who assumes the role as VP and GM of the company’s Site Builder Product line. Mukherjee previously worked with Google, overseeing the search giant’s SMB application business.
Go Daddy Interim CEO Scott Wagner, meanwhile, signaled that the move would help support a particular company strategy. “Go Daddy’s plan is to evolve our website building technology and to acquire and partner with companies in ways that help us improve the quality, simplicity and range of services we provide our customers,” he stated via a press release.
Wagner also emphasize that the new employees’ experience would help lead the company to what he called a “next, exciting phase.”
The top domain registrar recalled what it said is a successful track record making acquisitions, noting revenues from acquired assets amount to more than $100 million.
Incoming CEO Blake Irving is expected to assume the top position at the company come January 7. Irving draws from experience, previously working as Chief Product Officer of Yahoo! and an executive at Microsoft.
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering