Google Claims China Blocking Gmail
(The Hosting News) – Google, Inc. recently charged the Chinese government of blocking its Gmail services which has been making it difficult for locals to access the site.
Many people inside the country have been complaining past week saying they’ve had difficulty accessing their account or sending email. Even the Person Finder application seems to have connectivity restraints, which was set up to help people locate their missing relative during the aftermath of a disaster such as the Japanese earthquake and tsunami.
Google first became aware of the problem just a few weeks ago and has checked into the issue and reports that there are no technical issues on its
side. Their security blog continues to state, “This is a government blockage carefully designed to look like the problem is with Gmail.” In another part of the blog they state “we’ve noticed some highly targeted and apparently politically motivated attacks against our users. We believe activists may have been a specific target.”
|Caronet Managed Hosting Services - Engineered for YOUR business|
* Your True Managed Services Provider - Cloud, Colo, Dedicated Solutions
* Multiple Levels of Support to Ensure You Pay for Only What You Need
* Focus More on Revenue Generating Activities and Applications
* Technical Engineers are on call and available for 24 x 7 x 365 Support
* Named to 2015 Managed Service Provider 500 List by CRN