Hackers Breach Fox News Twitter, Apple Site
July 5th, 2011 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – The Fourth of July weekend proved eventful for two hacking groups who successfully compromised services belonging to two large companies.
A Twitter account belonging to Fox News was compromised. @foxnewspolitics was apparently hacked and displayed false news messages, one which falsely announced the U.S. President’s assassination.
The incident is currently being investigated by the U.S. Secret Service and Fox News stated through its site, “FoxNews.com regrets any distress the false tweets may have created.”
Meanwhile, hacking group Anonymous breached a site Apple uses to conduct surveys. The group announced the breach through its Twitter.
With the breach, the group posted a small amount of data related to user names and passwords.
The hacks may be smaller in scope compared to the ones carried out by now defunct hacker group LulzSec, but they represent a continued threat to online security.
LulzSec was responsible for breaching sites belonging to Sony, the CIA, an FBI affiliate, PBS, and more over the last couple months. The group recently announced it was ending its hacking operation and asked its backers to support Anonymous.
The hacking movement has been called “AntiSec.” Both Anonymous and LulzSec have operated under political motives.
|Restore Manager cPanel plugin|
* Allow your customers to browse their backups anytime and restore any specific items in real-time.
* Save time spent on restoring customer data from backups.
* Eliminate the need to restore the full account Or download the full backup file just to restore individual files or databases.
* Make smart remote incremental backups
* And much more at just $3 per month...