Handy Backup Enhances MS SQL Backup with New Support
August 30th, 2011 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Novosoft, an international company specializing in software development and IT consultancy, announced that Handy Backup, the reputed data backup software for home and business, now supports backup, sync, and restore of a number of popular 64-bit server platforms, with MS SQL Server among others. With novel local and remote network backup features, Handy Backup becomes probably the most powerful yet cost-efficient 64-bit backup software.
“Bet you won’t guess five in a row hardcore up-to-date-actual data backup features which Handy Backup doesn’t have. Concerning those features which are being currently developed and will be released soon, I bet you won’t name three. That’s our key priority here at Novosoft: we make cool backup stuff and make it quickly. Thanks to that little alchemy formula, Handy Backup is now officially one of a few fully-functional software solutions to manage backup and restore of 64-bit server platforms. You have never seen a handier 64-bit MS SQL Server backup software solution,” said Alexander Prichalov, the head of Novosoft Development Department.
Handy Backup now features functionality to back up and restore 64-bit server platforms and applications. Though the utility is originally designed for 32-bit platforms, the support of 64-bit apps is provided by Handy Backup Workstation x64.
Up to the moment, there are three 64-bit backup plug-ins included in Workstation x64:
- MS Exchange x64, for backup of 64-bit editions of MS Exchange 2010, 2007, and 2003;
- MSSQL x64, for MS SQL Server backup, editions 2008, 2005, 2000, both 64-bit and 32-bit versions;
- File System x64, for backup of files and folders; the plug-in is identical to the common File System plug-in in Handy Backup
To enable the 64-bit MS SQL Server backup functionality, Workstation x64 is to be installed in addition to the core Handy Backup application.
There are both local and network backup options available with the workstation. To back up 64-bit applications in a local system, one needs to install Workstation x64 over Handy Backup on the same computer. To back up the apps on a remote workstation, the 64-bit workstation is to be installed on that very remote computer and configured in accordance with traditional Backup Network Workstation policy. Free and premium support options are accessible to help with configuration.
The number of extra workstations to be installed is not limited.
Workstation x64 is available on the Handy Backup official website.
About Handy Backup
Handy Backup is a family of award-winning data backup, recovery, and sync solutions for home and business users. The backup software line features Handy Backup Standard (basic PC backup functionality), Professional (advanced PC backup functionality), Full (complete backup functionality for individual PCs and small networks), Handy Backup Server (ultimate local and network backup functionality for small- to medium-sized businesses), and Handy Backup for Android (one-button intuitive backup for Android mobile devices). The product prices vary from $0 for Handy Backup for Android to $599 for Handy Backup Server. The current version of Handy Backup for PCs and Servers is 6.9.6; the actual version of Handy Backup for Android is 1.8. For more information, the latest versions of products, and fresh updates, please visit the official Handy Backup website http://www.handybackup.net/
Established in 1992, Novosoft LLC today is a successful international software development and IT consultancy company. The family of Novosoft products includes Handy Backup (data backup and recovery), Handy Password (military-grade secure password management), and other popular software brands. The competence of Novosoft experts is justified by big names among the company’s clients and partners (Microsoft, IBM, Stanford University, and others) and a stably growing army of devoted users. For more information, please refer to http://www.novosoft-us.com
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering