How to Optimize Websites with cPanel
January 28th, 2013 By:Tavis J. Hampton
If you search the web, you will likely find a myriad of ways to optimize websites. Depending on the type of website you have, it may involve something as basic as making website images with smaller file sizes or something more specific to web applications like PHP caching. You can also perform a few site optimizations within cPanel, such as content compression.
Normally, whenever people visit your website, they will receive whatever pages your server sends to their browsers in the original full-size files that are stored on the server. Using standard gzip compression, an Apache module called mod_deflate can compress your site’s content when it is served up to clients, and then the client browser will uncompress them and display them for the user. All modern web browsers support this type of compression.
To enable compression in cPanel, go to the Software/Services section on your home screen and then choose “Optimize Website”. Then, to compress all of your website’s content, choose “Compress all” and click “Update Settings”.
You also have the option of only compressing specific types of content. You can declare those types using standard MIME types. For example, if you only wanted video types, you would enter MIME types like video/ogg, video/mp4, and video/x-matroska. When you have entered the types you want to use, click “Update Settings”
cPanel uses the standard Apache mod_deflate module to handle all compression. For more specific information on mod_deflate, visit the only Apache web server documentation.
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering