(The Hosting News) – Expect more and more enterprises to outsource their respective IT infrastructures: The notion was recently backed up in a study conducted by IT and enterprise cloud provider Savvis, a subsidiary of CenturyLink.
Via its study, the company specifically found that 70% of all enterprises would outsource their IT infrastructure by 2018 due to factors such as cost savings, “in-house skills shortages” in addition to a “growing emphasis on business-advancing applications.”
The study was a result of Savvis’s partnership with research firm Vanson Bourne which polled 550 people involved in the IT market in several countries.
In a press release, Savvis President Jeff Von Deylen called the forecast a “dramatic shift in the way organizations approach IT.”
The projection represents a flip from today as 65% of companies’ IT infrastructures currently resides via “in-house environments.”
“Clearly, cloud is part of the picture but it’s not the whole picture. As businesses grow and move more IT infrastructure to outsourcing providers, they will adopt a strategic mix of colocation, managed-hosting and cloud services,” stated Deylen.
Meanwhile, other study results showed that 90% of respondents currently use some form of cloud while other IT elements that companies could outsource included things like data centers, content-management apps and storage. You can view the study’s full results here (news.centurylink.com).
|Caronet Managed Hosting Services - Engineered for YOUR business|
* Your True Managed Services Provider - Cloud, Colo, Dedicated Solutions
* Multiple Levels of Support to Ensure You Pay for Only What You Need
* Focus More on Revenue Generating Activities and Applications
* Technical Engineers are on call and available for 24 x 7 x 365 Support
* Named to 2015 Managed Service Provider 500 List by CRN
- Europe Data Center Cooling (ICT) Market is Expected to Reach $2.1 billion in 2018
- Enterprise Adoption Of Private Cloud To Boost Data Centre Outsourcing
- Intermedia.NET Debuts Microsoft Exchange 2007 Outsourcing Solution
- Study Reveals the Key Pitfalls of Outsourcing
- Seven Data Center Outsourcing Tips