(The Hosting News) – Linode, an established leader in cloud hosting, announced today the release of its customer app, Linode Mobile, available for download on both Apple’s iOS7 and Google’s Android mobile operating systems. The app will grant clients improved on-the-go access to critical Linode account management features, allowing users to conveniently connect from either iOS or Android mobile device wherever they are.
“The new app has been built from the ground up and gives customers real-time access to the account features that are most important to them,” said Christopher Aker, Linode Founder and CEO. “Our users are more mobile than ever, so with Linode Mobile they can now stay better connected and on top of their accounts, addressing any critical issues that arise – from anywhere in the world.”
Linode provides cloud services to both large and small companies from six data centers around the globe. In addition to the Android release, the app is compatible with Apple’s iOS6 and new iOS7. The iPad version was designed, built and optimized specifically for tablets, rather than simply being an identical version of the mobile app.
After securely logging on, customers have a constant link to remote servers and vital account information, including notifications about activity on virtual servers. They can also check the health, reboot, or shut them off from the app.
Other prominent features include:
- Remotely manage a Linode fleet of servers
- Oversee DNS (Domain Name System) for domains linked to Linode accounts
- Quickly add, remove, or resize Linodes
- Conveniently access the Linode Library which includes tips for beginners, as well as information on how to monitor and maintain an account using Linode Mobile
- Easily view statistics and graphs that help customers keep track of how their system is performing and troubleshoot, if necessary. This includes data on CPU, Bandwidth, and I/O
- Access to NodeBalancers for managing multiple Linodes operating in a single system, monitoring their health, and putting them in and out of rotation
- Update credit card information and even pay invoices
“In a fast-paced world, customers will find that the new user-friendly app gives them increased access to everything they need,” Aker said. “This is the next step in providing businesses with the best tools possible to manage critical account functions remotely with the touch of a button.”
For more information on the brand new app, go to www.linode.com/mobile.
Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 150,000 customers worldwide, and has been offering companies of all sizes virtualized servers on demand since 2003. The company makes it easy for IT professionals to quickly select a plan, platform distribution and facility, and have their cloud infrastructure up and running in minutes. From there customers can dynamically scale their environment to meet business demands – paying only for what they use with no long-term commitments.
Linode delivers its cloud services from six data centers across the U.S., Europe, and Asia to some of the most innovative companies in the world, such as The Onion and Creative Commons. The company’s proven IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) platform enables customers to fully customize their environment and leverage the improved performance, scalability, and reliability in the most cost-effective way possible. For more information, visit www.linode.com.