linux.conf.au draws attendees and speakers worldwide from all spheres of open source, geeks, hackers, professionals, hobbyists, students, lecturers, unverisities, and business partners.
The conference is held over five days, in 2014 from the 6th to 10th January, and will comprise five tracks of presentation and tutorial sessions. Additionally every day starts with a keynote presentation. We’ve yet to confirm the list of keynote speakers for linux.conf.au 2014, but for a taster of the caliber of speakers we attract here’s a selection of past keynoters:
- 2013 Canberra: Sir Tim Berners-Lee, Radia Perlman
- 2012 Ballarat: Jacob Appelbaum, Bruce Perens, Paul Fenwick
- 2011 Brisbane: Vint Cerf, GeoffHuston, EricAllman, Mark Pesce
- 2010 Wellington: Benjamin Mako Hill, Nathan Torkington, Glyn Moody
The linux.conf.au open source conference is unique among technical conferences in that it is not a trade show, nor is it a geekfest. The conference is a special blend of both business and private individuals that come together under a common umbrella of free software, open source technologies & all things open source.
Big business is always in attendance – many of the main sponsors are drawn from the corporate world. Much of the worlds top technologies and technology companies are underpinned by the Linux operating system and this conference is an obvious choice for their key IT staff. Both to present and to network and learn from others.
The use of open source technologies and the Linux operating system is not just confined to business though, and you will find many hobbyists who use Linux to make music, develop graphic art, study astronomy, design electronics, hack and just generally play (yes, even computer games).
This blend gives the conference a special feeling of a close community yet manages to cater to a very wide audience and avoids the uncomfortable schmooze factor that accompanies many corporate trade shows.
For more information, please visit: http://linux.conf.au/
|Black Lotus DDoS mitigation Service|
- 24x7 mitigation with guaranteed SLA
- DDoS mitigation facilities throughout North America and Europe
- 480 Gbps of active DDoS mitigation capacity
- Service delivery via GRE, physical cross connections or virtual Ethernet service
- Protect your servers or entire IP space from attacks
- Pubcon Austin 2014 Conference Announced
- New Orleans Hosts Parallels Conference 2014
- NetHosting CEO Attends HostingCon 2014 10th Anniversary Conference in Miami Beach
- LinuxWorld Conference and Expo Winners Announced
- Search Engine and Internet Marketing Conference Announced