(The Hosting News) – Liquid Web, Inc. recently enhanced its reputation as an innovator in web hosting services by adding a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to its already diverse palette of hosting options. Liquid Web’s take on Content Delivery is bound to make a splash in the burgeoning market by combining one of the world’s most expansive and competitive networks with its tiered caching options.
Liquid Web Founder and CEO, Matthew Hill, explains the advantages content providers can unlock by utilizing CDNs:
–“The technology utilized by CDNs represents the fastest and most efficient way to distribute your content across the internet. By utilizing an array of ‘nodes,’ or server checkpoints where your data is stored, our CDN ensures that your content must travel the shortest possible distance to reach its end user.”
With 35 strategically placed caching locations worldwide, including over 4,000 servers in North America, Europe, and Asia, Liquid Web’s CDN represents one of the most vast networks to-date. In fact, this network is already being utilized by 19 of the world’s top 20 Telecommunications Companies, 9 of the top 10 U.S. internet service providers, 4 of the top 5 U.S. wireless providers as well as many of the most recognizable names in Cable.
Liquid Web’s Revolutionary Flexible CDN Options:
- Data is automatically transferred to the CDN from the web server
- Information is immediately cached on network for quickness in future distribution
- Content is uploaded and stored directly on the network
- Your data is distributed to all nodes in the network, making it available at all times
- By combining mirroring, RAID and geographic diversity with the latest firewall technology, Origin Storage is engineered to keep your assets secure, redundantly stored and ready for delivery
- Information is sent from the closest geographically located node to the end user for fastest possible delivery
- Live and On-Demand Streaming
- Supports Emerging Formats: Content is delivered to multiple devices using live and on-demand content distribution with Microsoft Smooth Streaming, Adobe Flash (RTMP and HTTP Dynamic Streaming) and Apple HTTP Live Streaming
- Origin Flexibility: Integration with your system or use of Liquid Web Origin Storage and Adaptive Origin Manager provide robust and secure services for storage and ingest/origin
- Conditional Access Control: Geographic intelligence, edge token authentication, referrers and more offer additional control of your content on the CDN
For More Info On Liquid Web’s CDN, please visit: http://www.liquidweb.com/services/cdn.html