(The Hosting News) – Today, (mt) Media Temple, a leading provider of web hosting and cloud services, upgrades its highly distributed and efficient hosting platform, the GRID, to provide its customers with an up to 6x faster and more reliable place to host their websites and bring their ideas to life. One of the first public clouds, the GRID was originally launched in 2006 to uniquely handle both expected and unexpected spikes in traffic with no service interruptions or degradation from noisy neighbors. Since then, the GRID has offered automatic and flexible scaling for customers and their applications.
In an ongoing effort to increase value and deliver an experience that brings customers peace of mind and enables them to focus on creativity and innovation, Media Temple has unveiled the following upgraded and new features:
● PHP FastCGI has been deployed, enabling PHP-based websites to load faster;
● PageSpeed, one of the latest innovations from Google boosting page load speed, has been implemented, significantly improving page load times – a key determinant in retaining website visitors;
● PHP has been upgraded to 5.5;
● Managed backup and restoration is now available via CloudTech™, with customers being able to opt for a one-time full site restoration or scheduled backups;
● CloudFare – including their latest product, RailGun, is now fully integrated and directly available from customers’ account centers, making it easy for them to manage their website’s security settings;
● The company’s shared database server, SmartPool, has increased capacity and speed with Solid State Drives (SSDs) maintaining performance regardless of the resources used by other customers.
Media Temple is also looking at other ways to push performance, both on the software and the hardware level, and will roll out more upgraded and new features over the next few months.
“Delivering simplicity and high performance to our customers is one of Media Temple’s key objectives,” said Demian Sellfors, Co-Founder and CEO of Media Temple. “We are constantly improving and upgrading our products any way we can.”
Most recently, Media Temple launched CloudTech™ Premium Support, which offers an unmatched, in-depth level of customer service and client support by certified CloudTech engineers at the application code level and brings enterprise quality technology to its customers, regardless of their size.
ABOUT (mt) MEDIA TEMPLE
From its inception in 1998, (mt) Media Temple has been on a mission to help people and businesses succeed online. Over 125,000 customers in 100 countries now rely on Media Temple’s simple tools for domain registration, web hosting, One ClickWordPress installations, business applications, virtual servers, and other cloud services to power more than 1.5 million websites. We take pride in offering a premium service, along with exemplary 24/7 live customer support. Our customers range from everyday people to top bloggers, creative professionals and small businesses, as well as large enterprises like Starbucks, Adidas, Samsung, and Toyota. With 220 dedicated, U.S.-based employees, Media Temple has been repeatedly recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America—and one of the best places to work. Find us anytime on the web at www.mediatemple.net or on Twitter @MediaTemple.