(The Hosting News) – Fresh off the release of its Windows 8 operating system, Microsoft on Monday announced a significant leadership change marking the departure of one of its most high profile employees.
Windows President Steven Sinofsky is no longer with Microsoft following around 23 years at the company. He attained his final position at the tech giant during 2009, overseeing responsibilities including the development and release strategy for Windows 8, among other company services including Internet Explorer.
In a Microsoft press release, Sinofsky reflected positively on his time with his former employer. “It is impossible to count the blessings I have received over my years at Microsoft. I am humbled by the professionalism and generosity of everyone I have had the good fortune to work with at this awesome company,” he stated.
Julie Larson-Green, a company veteran, will assume Sinofsky’s responsibilities. Her previous work has included involvement with Internet Explorer.
Speculation has already reached a pretty intense level as to why Sninofsky is leaving at this time. A report from The Verge, meanwhile, described the reasoning as a clash of personalities, citing a source who said the move had nothing to do with releases of Windows 8 and Surface, both of which he played an integral role in.
Instead, Sinofsky’s exit may have been pre-planned, with the release of Windows 8 being his last major milestone with the tech provider. And with that, The Verge went on to describe the personality controversy. “But his attitude (and skill set) as an aggressive, tightly-siloed Windows boss — not a holistic Microsoft boss — may have done him in,” the report noted.
Microsoft rival Apple had a similar leadership shakeup just when the popular iPhone maker last month announced the departure of longtime employee and iOS chief Scott Forstall. Forstall had moved to Apple in the 90s, transitioning from a role with NeXT, the former company of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.
|FatCow Private-Label Reseller Program allows you to create your own hosting company|
* Generous discounts on competitive Web Hosting plans
* No setup fees on client accounts & 30-day money back guarantee
* Powerful reseller console & customizable client control panel
* User-friendly site creation tool & 24 x 7 technical support
* Branded web-based e-mail & private name servers available
- WebSite News – Register.com Announces Departure of Board Member
- Microsoft Announces Job Cuts
- Microsoft Announces the Renaming of It’s Cloud Storage Service To OneDrive
- Microsoft Previews Internet Explorer 10
- Microsoft Announces Free File Transfer Tool For Windows XP Customers, PCmover Express