(The Hosting News) – After months of searching for a CEO to replace Steve Ballmer, Microsoft has finally named its new chief executive, Satya Nadella.
The 22 year Microsoft veteran has previously served as Executive Vice President of Microsoft’s Cloud and Enterprise group, as well as leading the Server and Tools Business division.
“During this time of transformation, there is no better person to lead Microsoft than Satya Nadella,” stated Microsoft founder, Bill Gates. “Satya is a proven leader with hard-core engineering skills, business vision and the ability to bring people together. His vision for how technology will be used and experienced around the world is exactly what Microsoft needs as the company enters its next chapter of expanded product innovation and growth.”
Microsoft also announced that Gates will step down as Chairman of the Board of Directors and take a new role on the board as Founder and Technology Advisor where he will support Nadella in “shaping technology and product direction.”
Board member and former Symanec CEO, John Thompson, will replace Gates as the new chairman.
“Our industry does not respect tradition – it only respects innovation. The opportunity ahead for Microsoft is vast, but to seize it, we must move faster, focus and continue to transform,” states Nadella. “I see a big part of my job as accelerating our ability to bring innovative products to our customers more quickly.”
|Unlimited Everything Hostgator.com Hosting $4.95|
* Our web hosting is 100% GREEN!!!!!!!
* FREE Site Builder + Free 4,500 Templates
* 24/7/365 phone, chat, and email support.
* 99.9% uptime guarantee!
- Microsoft Promises New CEO In Early 2014
- Microsoft Partners With Accenture To Launch Accenture Hybrid Cloud Solution For Microsoft Azure
- Ballmer Stepping Down as Microsoft CEO
- Microsoft To Cut 18,000 Jobs Over The Next Year
- Microsoft’s CEO Search: What’s the Latest?