(The Hosting News) – Microsoft is offering customers a new way to pay for its services and products with the popular digital currency, Bitcoin.
The tech giant announced that users could start using Bitcoins as payment in its Windows and Xbox stores last week via its billing helping page.
“You can now use Bitcoin to add money to your Microsoft account,” wrote Microsoft. “Once you add money to your Microsoft account, you can use it as a payment option to buy apps, games, and other digital content from Windows, Windows Phone, Xbox Games, Xbox Music, or Xbox Video stores.”
To begin adding Bitcoins to your account follow the instructions below:
- Sign in to your Microsoft Billing account
- Select Payment options> Microsoft account> redeem bitcoin
- Input the amount you wish to add to your account then select Next
- Select Pay with Bitcoin from your computer to purchase your products
- If you are on a mobile device then san the QR code to the display page and pay from your mobile wallet app
Microsoft’s news adds the company to a long list of business that already accept Bitcoins, such as Amazon, Target, CVS, Reddit, PayPal, Zynga, and Expedia, among many others.