(The Hosting News) – mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc., a leading IT outsourcing and cloud services provider for small and mid-size businesses (SMBs), today announced the expansion of its suite of cloud-based managed Desktop services with cloudSHIFT Desktop: Premium. SMBs can now benefit from mindSHIFT’s depth of technical expertise, highly secure data centers and exceptional customer support to realize the benefits of desktop virtualization. With cloudSHIFT Desktop, users receive all the benefits of a robust, reliable, secure computer network without having to worry about handling software upgrades, security upgrades, disaster recovery and other headaches associated with managing desktop technology.
The burden and expense of new technology sometimes prevents SMBs from taking advantage of technology options which have traditionally been used by bigger organizations with larger budgets. cloudSHIFT Desktop: Premium is an Internet-based solution where all software traditionally located on the desktop is housed and managed on servers located in mindSHIFT’s data centers. Customers have full use of applications such as Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, PDF creator and Adobe Reader, either on the customer’s existing desktops and laptops or on low-cost devices, even though the applications are located somewhere else. cloudSHIFT Desktop allows users to access applications through a web browser. It is a secure, affordable, trouble-free alternative to purchasing, managing and maintaining desktop equipment.
mindSHIFT’s cloudSHIFT Desktop: Premium service utilizes virtualization technology from Desktone, a pioneer in cloud-based Desktops as a Service (DaaS). “Desktone is helping to change the way organizations purchase, manage, and use their desktops and we are proud to partner with them. The addition of their premium virtual desktop technology enhances our suite of ‘grow-as-you-go’ cloud computing services,” said Paul Chisholm, Chairman and CEO of mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc. “SMBs can benefit from this enterprise-class technology by allowing them to purchase only the services they need and can be easily expanded as their organizations grow or requirements change. Our approach also allows SMBs to replace a large up front capital expense with a small monthly operating expense.”
“We are pleased to partner with mindSHIFT, whose expertise in IT outsourcing and cloud managed services, along with their commitment to exceptional customer support, provide SMBs with a competitive advantage,” said Peter McCay, Chief Executive Officer, Desktone. “We believe that organizations should not be prevented from taking advantage of enterprise-class resources just because of their size or budget restrictions.”
cloudSHIFT Desktop: Premium enables SMBs to:
- Work from Anywhere at Any Time: Whether working from home or on the road, users can increase productivity with access to their full suite of business applications and files from any internet connected device, including Windows and Apple computers, thin clients, tablet computers or Smartphones.
- Focus on Growing The Business: This cloud-based solution removes the burden of infrastructure management from an internal IT team, enabling them to focus on more strategic activities.
- Simplify Deployment and Cut Costs: Organizations can be up and running in minutes without the need to purchase new technology and turn a large capital expense into a small per user expense.
- Easily Scale for Growth: Users’ desktops and applications can be added as quickly or as slowly as needed. In addition, outside vendors, contractors or clients can also be given secure access in minutes and can be removed from the network just as quickly and easily.
- Increase Data Security: Centralized, cloud-based data storage ensures that all data is stored in highly secure data centers and is always accessible, eliminating any possible loss of sensitive data or business communication.
With more than a decade of experience in providing IT outsourcing and cloud services, mindSHIFT understands the specific technology needs of SMB clients and helps them move to the cloud at the speed of ‘makes sense.’ The company provides a broad suite of individual IT services including hosted email, archiving and backup, as well as complete managed infrastructure services for desktops, servers and enterprise networks.
About mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc.
mindSHIFT is one of the largest IT outsourcing and cloud managed services providers, serving small and mid-size businesses for more than 10 years. At mindSHIFT, we’re about keeping your IT systems up and running, providing personal attention, and making you more productive. We’re big enough to offer the facilities, services and expertise you expect, but small enough to provide the support and attention you demand. Learn more at www.mindshift.com.
Desktone is changing the way people buy and manage desktops. Desktone pioneered the concept of cloud-hosted Desktops as a Service (DaaS), the easiest and most affordable way to deploy hosted virtual desktops. The Desktone Cloud, Desktone’s DaaS offering, provides all of the benefits of virtualized desktops without any of the hassles. By delivering virtual desktops in the cloud, Desktone enables enterprises to rapidly provision desktops to users connected on any device, anywhere, without the upfront costs and complexity of traditional desktop virtualization—transforming desktops from a CAPEX to OPEX item. Founded in 2007, Desktone is funded by Highland Capital and Softbank and is headquartered in Boston, MA. For more information, visit www.desktone.com.