Namecheap Announces Bitcoin Acceptance
March 6th, 2013 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Hosting company Namecheap recently announced the acceptance of Bitcoins for its services.
“We’re delighted to inform you that we now accept the Bitcoin payment method, in addition to PayPal, Google CheckOut, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express,” stated the company via its homepage.
The web host cited customer demand as a reason for the move, also pointing to the platform’s ability to provide “instant payments”.
Namecheap has kept busy advancing online freedom causes – noting its donation of over $100 thousand dollars to the Electronic Frontier Foundation. The company’s services include domain registration, email, web hosting, SSL and more.
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering