(The Hosting News) – The annual Parallels Summit conference officially kicked off in New Orleans, Louisiana on Monday, where more than a thousand professionals gathered to listen to guest speakers and attend various workshops.
The event offers plenty of opportunity to network and discuss issues within the industry with its breakout sessions and keynote speakers.
Tuesday’s keynote speakers included Parallels CEO Birger Steen, GoDaddy CEO and Board Director Blake Irving, and Abhijit Dubey, partner at management consulting firm McKnsey & Company.
Steen kicked off the day by providing the opening keynote, discussing some of the many services Parallels provides, such as Parallels Cloud Server, Plesk, and Cloud Automation and how businesses can benefit from cloud services.
In the second keynote, GoDaddy CEO Irving talked about the future of cloud services and the prediction of disruptive technologies through his address “Mashing Up the Future of Cloud Services”.
Lastly, Dubey gave five ways in which cloud providers can “win” in pursuing SMB cloud services.
Various workshops and group sessions were held throughout the day touching on cloud service offerings, WordPress security, Parallels Plesk Automation, and tips and tricks on how to run businesses more smoothly.
Some of the top industries biggest names sponsored the event such as IBM, Microsoft, Acronis, Cisco, Symantec, and SoftLayer.
|Steadfast Colocation, Support | Chicago and New Jersey|
- Three locations: Two in downtown Chicago, one in Edison, New Jersey
- 100% Uptime SLA in Tier II and Tier III data centers
- Multiple carrier options available
- Meets regulatory compliance: SSAE16 and SAS70 audited
- Management Available, allowing more time for your core business
- cPanel Conference 2013 Concludes in New Orleans
- Parallels Hosts Asia’s Largest Public Cloud Services Event
- Pubcon Austin 2014 Conference Announced
- linux.conf.au 2014 Conference Announced
- CloudLinux Plans Space-Age Booth for Parallels Summit 2014