New Orleans Hosts Parallels Conference 2014
February 25th, 2014 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – The annual Parallels Summit conference officially kicked off in New Orleans, Louisiana on Monday, where more than a thousand professionals gathered to listen to guest speakers and attend various workshops.
The event offers plenty of opportunity to network and discuss issues within the industry with its breakout sessions and keynote speakers.
Tuesday’s keynote speakers included Parallels CEO Birger Steen, GoDaddy CEO and Board Director Blake Irving, and Abhijit Dubey, partner at management consulting firm McKnsey & Company.
Steen kicked off the day by providing the opening keynote, discussing some of the many services Parallels provides, such as Parallels Cloud Server, Plesk, and Cloud Automation and how businesses can benefit from cloud services.
In the second keynote, GoDaddy CEO Irving talked about the future of cloud services and the prediction of disruptive technologies through his address “Mashing Up the Future of Cloud Services”.
Lastly, Dubey gave five ways in which cloud providers can “win” in pursuing SMB cloud services.
Various workshops and group sessions were held throughout the day touching on cloud service offerings, WordPress security, Parallels Plesk Automation, and tips and tricks on how to run businesses more smoothly.
Some of the top industries biggest names sponsored the event such as IBM, Microsoft, Acronis, Cisco, Symantec, and SoftLayer.
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering