Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – (The Hosting News) – September 20, 2005 – ComponentOne has announced the release of
ComponentOne Studio Enterprise 2005 v3, the most widely used component toolset
for .NET, ASP.NET, Mobile Devices and COM in the world.
Among other updates to
the complete line of components, the 2005 v3 release of Studio Enterprise adds
significant new features to its most popular Microsoft .NET Framework-based
tools, True DBGrid for .NET and Chart for .NET.
Gustavo Eydelsteyn, Managing Director of ComponentOne commented on the new product, “Our goal is to provide our customers with innovative components and functionality they request, so as a result we’ve added new features and functionality to our most popular tools for the .NET Framework, ASP.NET, and ActiveX. ComponentOne is committed to giving our users an unparalleled suite of components that support the technology of today, and tomorrow’s emerging technologies.
ComponentOne Studio Enterprise 2005 v3 – New Features
True DBGrid for .NET:
– Advanced grouping: Extended the grouping functionality to support date
ranges, date parts (day, month, year), alphabetizing, and custom
grouping criteria. Developers can also control the visibility of
columns that have been dragged into the grouping area.
– Unbound data mode: Developers can write code to add and remove rows,
update cell values, and set the underlying data type, all without a
– Now supports gradients and alpha blending.
– Like-valued cells can now occupy the same row span as the previous
– Added new properties to control the filter bar, border styles, and
Chart for .NET, New chart type: Added the doughnut chart type.
– Added run-time highlighting of plotted data.
– Optimized the rendering of large XY plots.
– Improved automatic data label creation and arrangement.
– Axes now support superimposed values and value labels, which can now
– Added before/after events to facilitate custom data series drawing.
– Alarm zones can now be rendered as ellipses or polygons; they also
support minimum widths and heights.
– Added statistical support to the ChartDataArray object.
The 2005 v3 release also includes new features and enhancements for .NET Framework-based products including BarCode for .NET, XLS for .NET, PDF for .NET, Reports for .NET, Sizer for .NET, and Zip for .NET, as well as our ActiveX and ASP.NET products, VSFlexGrid Pro and WebReports for ASP.NET.
Studio Enterprise includes over 110 components targeting all application layers including Data, Presentation, Reporting, and Transformation. Studio Enterprise is the largest, most complete component toolset for Windows, Web, and Mobile application development available anywhere. The new features included in this release allows developers to add core functionality, improve performance, and build more extensible applications in less time and with fewer lines of code than ever before.
Current subscribers of Studio Enterprise 2005 will receive the ComponentOne .NET Framework 2.0 versions of ComponentOne tools free as part of their yearly subscription. These new releases, available immediately following the launch of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, focus on improving design-time experiences.
To learn more about ComponentOne Studio Enterprise 2005 v3 visit: http://www.componentone.com/enterprise.