Sunnyvale, California – (The Hosting News) – February 14, 2007 – Service enablement and automation software for hosted IP and application services, Ensim Corporation, has released major upgrades to its unified service delivery platform, Unify, with increased functionality and support for Microsoftâ€™s HMC solution, and the Microsoft Provisioning System 2.2 (MPS 2.2).
The application now includes support for the Microsoft Solution for Hosted Messaging and Collaboration (HMC), Windows-based Hosting (WBH) technology, Microsoft Connected Services Framework (CSF) 3.0, and a new resource selection policy feature. It also provides many additional services like RIMâ€™s BlackBerry and BroadSoftâ€™s BroadWorks, that are not available as part of the HMC solution.
According to the company,
customers can now easily launch the complete suite of Windows hosted services, while enabling additional high-value applications, such as VoIP, Unified Messaging and mobility services, to be centrally delivered. Unify can also be installed over an existing HMC deployment.
Calum Malcolm, Chief Technology Officer at Siemens Solution offered, â€œEnsimâ€™s in-depth expertise in enabling hosted Windows-based services combined with the extensibility of the Unify platform enable us to sign up new customers and deploy and manage add-on services more quickly and efficiently. We are excited about the added functionality and new features of Unify 3.2.â€
Features of Unify’s single point of delivery include:
– Co-developed with Microsoft, Unify delivers a complete solution for the management and automation of Windows services under a hosted infrastructure.
– Unifyâ€™s powerful role-based delegated administration tool allows end customers to maintain complete control of services, while lowering support costs.
– Users can easily deploy Exchange 2003, Windows SharePoint services, Live Communications Server 2005, Windows and Linux web hosting with ASP.NET, MySQL and MS SQL 2005.
– Additional third party applications, including Fenestrae Communications Server, Cycos, SmarterMail, Siemens HiPath OpenScapeâ„¢, and Broadsoft BroadWorks can also be delivered.
Highlights of the latest version of Ensim Unify 3.2 include:
Support for Microsoft Hosted Messaging and Collaboration (HMC) / Windows-based Hosting (WBH) Technology
– Support for Windows Server 2003 R2, SQL 2005 and MPS 2.2. With Unify 3.2, service providers can easily deploy Exchange 2003, Windows SharePoint, Live Communications Server 2005, and Windows/Linux Web hosting with ASP.NET, MySQL and MS SQL as hosted services.
– Support for .NET 2.0 â€“ the latest version of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
– Providers can easily add Web parts to the Unify control panel. This is done by either downloading ASP.NET-based Web parts from the Internet, or by creating their own Web parts and plugging them into Unify.
– Unify can be installed over an existing HMC deployment. New services can be provisioned through Unify to take advantage of the additional features.
Support for Microsoft Connected Services Framework (CSF) 3.0
– Unify 3.2 Web services support Well-Enabled Services (WES), allowing Web Service Enhancements (WSE) for Microsoft .NET. This enables any application provisioned by Unify to automatically work with Microsoft CSF 3.0.
– In addition to existing Microsoft applications like Exchange and SharePoint, service providers can offer additional ones such as BroadSoftâ€™s BroadWorks, RIMâ€™s BlackBerry and Siemens HiPath OpenScape.
Resource Selection Policy
– With Unify 3.2, providers can now choose between First Fit, Round Robin, and Least Sold Key Quota policies while provisioning a Unify service to an organization.
The latest version of Unify also includes locale management, deactivation of email templates, password validation using Active Directory (AD) policy, expiration policy for organization user password, usage report optimization, modified API calls, and new web services for managing resellers, resources, templates, and usage alerts.
Arun Arunkumar, Vice President of Engineering at Ensim Corporation added, â€œUnify 3.2 provides our customers with increased functionality and dozens of new features that facilitate the launch and management of Windows-based services. With support for CSF 3.0 and the latest versions of the Windows operating system, Unify 3.2 enables providers to quickly launch new services more easily and cost-effectively than ever before.â€
Ensim is a leader in hosting automation software solutions that are designed to enable the delivery of hosted services. The company offers an array of award-winning solutions that accelerate the creation, control and delivery of messaging, collaboration, web & data hosting, VoIP and other high-value hosted services. More than 200 leading hosting providers, ISPs and carriers worldwide, including EarthLink, NTT America, Telus, Belgacom, SunRocket, Siemens, EV1 and Affinity rely on Ensim products to deliver mission-critical hosted services to their customers. Ensim has formed key partnerships with leading infrastructure vendors including Microsoft, Sylantro, BroadSoft and HP.
For more information, please visit the Ensim web site, or call toll free at 1-877-693-6746 inside the United States or 1-408-745-3300 outside the United States.
For more information about
Ensim and Ensim Unify’s new produces, please visit: www.ensim.com/products/unify/whatsnew.html.
To learn more about Ensim, please visit: www.ensim.com.