Toronto, Ontario, Canada – (The Hosting News) – November 2, 2005 – Canadian web hosting company, Netfirms, has launched an upgraded version of their control panel, entitled XL6, which allows webmasters to conveniently manage websites, register domains, and set up e-mail addresses and web-based applications from one location with a single log-in.
Control Panel XL6 is available immediately on all Netfirms products and features increased speed, enhanced features and an improved user interface. As with all Netfirms customer websites, Control Panel XL6 is served from a robust, load-balanced, clustered hosting platform.
Jason Matheson, Product Manager at Netfirms commented on the advantages of the new control panel, ”This is a major development in control panel design. We’ve put the needs and wants of the customer first, and designed it from that perspective. When it comes to features, usability and speed, there’s nothing on the market that even compares to this – it’s in a league of its own.”
Among the new features of Control Panel XL6 is an unparalleled domain manager that lets users perform complex domain-related functions with just one click.
Other new features in XL6 radically improve the account management process.
According to Netfirms, users can quickly:
– Install bundled applications (eg. WordPress, Commerce Pro) with one-click
– Add new domains and manage multiple websites
– Forward to filenames as well as directories
– Create and manage e-mail addresses and forwarding
– Renew and upgrade accounts
– Upload and edit files through the File Manager
– Administer PHP and MySQL options
– Conveniently link to the Netfirms Knowledgebase for quick answers
– Access bundled Google AdWords coupons
According to Thomas Savundra, President of Netfirms, ”We’re continually looking at ways to improve the customer experience. As the product element that the customer interacts with most often, the control panel is central to that extraordinary experience, and its design is extremely important.”
To learn more, please visit: www.netfirms.com/controlpanel-about.