London, United Kingdom – (The Hosting News) – September 30, 2009 – The Cloud Computing World Forum, scheduled to take place on October 22, will outline why Cloud Computing and Software-as-a-Service are ideal solutions for the small business sector, during its one day conference in London.
The event will take place the 22nd of October at 76 Portland Place and feature among others, a presentation from Mike Spink, Research Director for Gartner, who will discuss why the Cloud is perfect for SMBs.
Mr. Spink explained, ”The promise of Cloud Computing creates a tremendous opportunity for SMB’s to revisit their IT strategy and critical planning assumptions. As the market evolves and matures, Cloud Computing will become a viable and cost-effective alternative to on-premises IT for an increasing percentage of requirements.”
Mark Johnstone, MD of organizers Point Zero Media noted, ”It’s our intention with this event to make business aware of the possibilities of Cloud Computing and SaaS. This technology is available to everyone and could be of huge benefit to the SMB. We hope the event will provide insight to some of these businesses whilst also giving them the opportunity to network and meet with likeminded professionals and peers.”
Key speakers at the event will include:
• Evangelos Kotsovinos, VP of Hosting, Morgan Stanley
• Dr Pamal Sharma, CIO – UK and Ireland, General Motors
• Kostas Tsatsaris, CTO and Director, Strategy and Architecture, HM Revenue and Customs
• Keith Misson, Business Director, Group IT, Aviva
• Andy McLoughlin, Co-founder and Strategy Director, Huddle
• Simon Abrahams, EMEA Head of Product Marketing, Rackspace
• Euan Semple, Freelance Consultant/Former Director of Knowledge Management, BBC
• Laurent Lachal, Senior Analyst, Ovum
• Robin Daniels, Sr Manager, Product Marketing, Salesforce.com
• Tim Mather, Author, Cloud Computing and Privacy
• David Terrar, CEO, D2C
• Mike Spink, Senior Analyst, Gartner
The event will also feature an intimate exhibition and networking area available to all attendees and provide great networking opportunities with industry leaders, presenting opportunities to meet and do business with likeminded individuals who have an interest in cloud computing.
To register, please visit: www.cloudwf.com or call +44 (0) 845 519 1230. For further information on the event, please contact Mark Johnstone at +44 (0) 845 519 1230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cloud Computing World Forum began as a way for professionals to learn and discuss the future development and integration of cloud services and will feature key decision makers from all of the cloud service providers. The conference will address the current state of the cloud computing market, the business value of the cloud, deployment strategies and integration techniques, and security and privacy issues, as well as look into what the future holds from cloud service providers.
To learn more, please visit: www.cloudwf.com.