Honolulu, Hawaii – (The Hosting News) – November 21, 2008 – Data center provider, PHASE 2 International, has released its newest business productivity solution: ActiveSync for BlackBerry, as a a low-cost alternative to traditional BlackBerry Enterprise Server subscription service.
PHASE 2’s new ActiveSync for BlackBerry, an add-on to the Microsoft Exchange server, provides all of the same functionality – and more – for less. Available now to PHASE 2 Microsoft Exchange clients, priced based upon user license quantity, new PHASE 2 ActiveSync for Blackberry includes secure wireless email, PIM synchronization, Global Address Look Up capability and more.
The new PHASE 2 ActiveSync for BlackBerry client downloads over the air and installs automatically on the user’s device for seamless BlackBerry synchronization. It provides its own email box, and accesses the native BlackBerry Calendar, Contacts, and Task applications.
Extending the benefits of traditional BlackBerry Enterprise Server services, PHASE 2â€™s new ActiveSync for BlackBerry optimizes office and enterprise communication with functionality that blurs the lines between in- and out-of-office communication:
- Send, receive, reply to, forward and delete message (with or without attachments)
- Folder Mirroring to synchronize Exchange email account to userâ€™s device
- Filtering via Outlook rules to eliminate unwanted email messages
- Attachment viewing using BlackBerry native viewers
- Save to memory card capability for attachments
PIM (Calendar, Contacts and Tasks)
- Interfaces with the BlackBerry native Calendar, Contacts and Tasks
- Calendar event synchronization with customizable look-back and look-ahead
- Remote Lookup to retrieve contact information from Global Address Directory via LDAP
- Receive and respond to meeting invitations
- Meeting initiation
- SSL encryption protocol for data-in-motion between the BlackBerry and the Exchange Server
- Remote Wipe for lost or stolen devices
- Strong password security with history, expiration, timeout, echo, failed unlock attempts and duress notification
- Inactivity timeout for password entry
- Auto-complete of email addresses
- Weekday and weekend settings to control when the device receives messages
- Sync to server option for messages that have been read or deleted
- Intelligent cleanup to ensure device memory optimization
- Intelligent radio reset for bad coverage areas
The new time- and money-saving ActiveSync for BlackBerry is available now to PHASE 2 Microsoft Exchange clients, priced based upon user license quantity.
PHASE 2 International delivers affordable and scalable access to high-end business software applications via a Software as a Service – SaaS – model. Ideal for businesses of all sizes, and especially practical for small-to-medium-sized businesses, the hosted applications available through PHASE 2 currently include Microsoft SharePoint, ‘Exchange,’ Project Server, CRM and Office Communicator along with PHASE2’s ShareMeeting and award-winning ShareCAD Pro. All of PHASE 2’s business applications are delivered across the web to enable on-demand access to corporate information whenever and wherever in the world the user happens to be. PHASE 2’s SaaS solutions ensure a scalable and secure IT foundation that provides scalability for future requirements, automatic data back-up, along with the most reliable, state-of-the-art infrastructure that removes the burden and risks of hosting solutions internally.
PHASE 2, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, is headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, and operates a secure, state-of-the-art data center.
To learn more, please visit: www.Phase2.com.