Houston, Texas – (The Hosting News) – August 17, 2007 – Privately held dedicated web hosting company, The Planet, has reported that it has begun preparations for the upcoming holiday rush, with four promotions targeted toward online e-commerce retailers.
Steve Kahan, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management at The Planet remarked, ”Each year holiday sales hit epic records, and we expect these numbers to once again exceed the 2006 record of $26 billion. The competition for fast and uninterrupted service has never been higher. Customers expect a better, faster and more seamless experience every year. To be certain they’re prepared, we advise customers to plan now.”
With holiday sales again expected to set new records, and purchasing that begins in September, customers or prospects can be ready with additional servers and unlimited bandwidth to accommodate the seasonal spike.
A recent white paper published by Frost and Sullivan’s Stratecast Partners, How SMBs Can Increase eCommerce Revenue and Decrease IT Costs, recommends that online retailers accommodate customers with an IT infrastructure that guarantees each visitor with a seamless shopping experience. Among the specific suggestions are redundant and highly scalable web servers; physical and cyber security; and sufficient bandwidth to prevent access congestion and ensure rapid response times.
The Planet’s four promotions designed to provide required server and bandwidth, to ensure fast and reliable shopping experiences include:
- Ready-To-Go Servers: For customers looking to add servers quickly, The Planet offers Ready-To-Go servers in just one hour. Available with a choice of three processors – a Pentium 4, Conroe 3060 or Dual Xeon – the servers are loaded with the Red Hat Linux operating system and the cPanel control panel: www.theplanet.com/dedicated-servers/ready-to-go-servers.asp
- Double Down: Core to server performance are hard drives, memory and bandwidth, and The Planet recommends server tuning now before the holiday rush. At no additional charge, customers can purchase twice the RAM, hard-drive space or bandwidth through the end of August or while supplies last: www.theplanet.com/double%2Ddown%2Dpromotion/
- Unmetered Bandwidth: Clogged bandwidth translates to a slow online shopping experience, so ensuring ample bandwidth connections is important to sustain customer satisfaction. For just $50 per month, The Planet’s customers gain unlimited access to a 10Mbps uplink from the company’s seven Tier-1 providers; for $250 per month, they gain a 20Mbps uplink: www.theplanet.com/unmetered%2Dbandwidth/
- Lowest Hosting Price on The Planet: In its commitment to making the holiday registers ring for e-tailers, The Planet offers a guarantee that it will beat competitor pricing by 10 percent simply by providing the competitor’s invoice. Even better, the offers comes with free set-up and one month of free service on a one-year contract: www.theplanet.com/best-price-promotion
The Planet’s network is designed without single points of failure, which means the network operates with full redundancy for its core routers and distribution switches. The company also offers carrier diversity, with connections to seven Tier-1 telecommunications providers. As a result, customers never face obstacles or suffer from poor peering connections, sub-optimal routing paths, or congested or oversold networks that limit the power, speed and availability of their sites.
Ultimately, The Planet endeavors to provide the following:
- High level of network capacity and speed to deliver peak performance
- Instant scalability to handle even the largest spikes in network traffic
- Parallel, redundant, multi-tiered network routing and switching architecture to assure reliability and stability
- Multiple layer network security that prevents Delayed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks from harming businesses
- Knowledgeable experts with a passion for excellence and a commitment to operate the best networks in the business
The Planet is a leading provider of On Demand IT Infrastructure solutions, hosting more than 22,000 small and medium size businesses and 2.8 million web sites worldwide, using the best choice of servers, software tools and support, backed by state-of-the-art facilities and network connectivity.
To learn more about The Planet, please visit: www.theplanet.com.