Dallas, Texas – (The Hosting News) – February 14, 2008 – On-demand, dedicated web hosting solutions firm, SoftLayer, has reported that its second year of operations with record growth, had accelerated on a monthly basis, over the entire year.
Lance Crosby, CEO of SoftLayer noted, ”2007 was a great year across all operating metrics for the company. We outperformed our most aggressive plan in customer growth, product development, and key financial metrics.”
Key milestones achieved by SoftLayer during 2007 include:
- $33 million in annualized revenue, up from $13 million in 2006
- 32% EBITDA and 5% EBIT margins
- 155% growth in customer base
- 25% growth in revenue per customer
- Over 11,000 servers under management
- Customers in over 100 countries with 40% based outside of the US
Along with record financial and operations results, SoftLayer continued its market leading position by developing new products and solutions for the industry. This included the launch of:
- The SoftLayer API targeted at resellers, enterprises, the developer community (including social networking innovators such as Facebook and MySpace), and other heavy users with existing investment in management tools
- StorageLayer, an enterprise-class offering at mass-market pricing
- Best-in-class security services based on solutions from McAfee and TippingPoint
- A robust load-balancing solution
- Addition of a second data center to enhance capabilities across all service offerings
Mr. Crosby continued, ”The momentum of 2007 and the strong demand for our services on a global basis, has clearly carried forward into 2008. January was a record month for customer acquisition and server sales reaching 1300 units. We are expecting 2008 to be an exceptional year for SoftLayer and its customers.”
The company continues to be cash flow positive and has substantial financial commitments in place to achieve all business plan targets. SoftLayer will continue to invest in infrastructure to deliver on-going product innovation to customers around the world. Planned enhancements in 2008 include an update to the API to better serve the needs of sophisticated users, a virtualization offering, and the addition of two new data center locations to meet the growing demand for SoftLayer services. SoftLayer will drive forward with its vision for allowing businesses to operate serverless IT departments by delivering real-time technology that scales with the success of the business.
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, SoftLayer was formed in June 2005 and delivers next generation web hosting and on-demand datacenter services on a global basis from facilities in Dallas TX and Seattle WA. Utilizing proprietary management tools coupled with the industry’s first network-within-a-network topology, the company delivers power and control to securely manage IT environments while providing scalability.
To learn more, please visit: www.softlayer.com.