Dallas, Texas – (The Hosting News) – January 31, 2006 – Dedicated web hosting company, The Planet reported its financial results for 2005. According to the company, the 2005 financial results were the best in the company’s history and the outlook for 2006 is bright.
Top line revenues grew by 60 percent in 2005, brought on by a record sales year and a commitment to continuous customer service initiatives.
Peter Pathos, President and CEO of The Planet explained, ”The Planet had a great 2005. We made some very strong advances in our technology and our customer service, which resulted in less churn and more expansion among our current client base, as well as growth within new customers.”
Highlights for The Planet from 2005 include:
– Total servers held by Server Matrix and Total Control server brands was up 33 percent, to 21,000
– Launched Focus Series, the industry’s first on-demand, preconfigured servers for web, database, e-mail and media applications
– Insomnia365, The Planet’s dedicated server line for gamers and gaming resellers launched in late 2004, and continues to build at a strong pace in the rapidly growing gaming market
– Cortex, the Insomnia365 gaming panel, was significantly enhanced by adding 31 new features and improvements within the year
– The Planet listed as the 48th fastest growing registrar
– The Planet recognized nationally for growth in the Inc. 500, Dallas 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and the Metroplex Technology Business Council Tech Titans/Tech Fast 50
For 2006, The Planet expects an equally rewarding year and has several technology advancements and new offerings on the horizon.
Mr. Pathos added, ”We’re anticipating an exciting 2006, with our goals being to continue to introduce innovative products and services and continuously improve customer experience.”
To learn more about The Planet, please visit: www.theplanet.com.