Dallas, Texas – (The Hosting News) – December 2, 2008 – On-demand hosting services and virtual data center provider for the small to medium enterprise (SME), SoftLayer, has reported strong growth and outperformance of all projections throughout 2008.
The company provides highly automated, on-demand data center and IT services that allow businesses to more efficiently utilize their resources and decrease their capital expenditures. SoftLayer’s growth continues despite general U.S. economic woes, indicating that the company’s model for providing outsourced IT environments has considerable mainstream market advantages.
Lance Crosby, Chief Executive Officer, SoftLayer remarked, ”As much as we’ve accomplished this year, we keep moving forward, continuing to innovate and enhance our offerings and provide customers the ultimate virtual data center solutions. In these tough economic times our solutions are more relevant than ever. We will be launching additional virtualization and cloud computing options that give our customers highly scalable, flexible solutions for their business’ computing needs.”
Through October of this year, SoftLayer has reached a number of key milestones, including:
- Annual recurring revenue of over $60 million, up from $33 million in 2007
- 40%+ EBITDA margins and growing
- Continued GAAP profitability
- More than 5,500 active customers across 110+ countries
- More than 18,000 deployed servers
- Receiving Tech Titans award for the fastest growing company in Dallas
- Pending completion of a SAS-70 Type II review in December 2008
Additionally, SoftLayer has expanded its leadership position this year through significant achievements such as:
- Launching version 3.0 of the industry-leading SoftLayer Open API
- Completing an end-to-end rewrite of SoftLayer’s Infrastructure Management System (IMS), a proprietary and leading-edge management platform, to provide even more scalability and automation
- Deployment of a massively scalable data warehouse to support growth in back office systems and capabilities
- Adding a third data center in Washington, D.C.
- Expanding its data center facilities in Dallas
- Launching new enterprise-class services including:
- CDNLayer, SoftLayer’s content delivery network with best-in-industry pricing
- Anycast DNS, for geographically redundant DNS routing
- Global load balancing
- Launching of virtualization solutions including Microsoft Hyper-V, Parallels Virtuozzo, and Citrix XenServer
- Delivering the industry’s first deployment of Intel’s Dunnington chipset: a quad-processor, hex-core platform for high-performance computing environments
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, SoftLayer delivers next-generation web hosting and virtualized data center services on a global basis from facilities located in Dallas, TX; Seattle, WA; and Washington, DC. Utilizing proprietary management tools coupled with the industry’s first Network-Within-a-Network topology, the company delivers unprecedented power and control to securely manage IT environments while providing unparalleled scalability.
For more about SoftLayer, please visit: www.softlayer.com.