Houston, Texas – (The Hosting News) – October 18, 2007 – Privately held dedicated web hosting company, The Planet’s Chairman and CEO, Douglas J. Erwin, delivered a keynote address at the ongoing ISPCON Fall 2007.
Taking place at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, Mr. Erwin’s keynote — ”Beyond Hosting: Unlocking Profits with On Demand IT Infrastructure for the SMB” — covered the changing industry landscape and what companies must do to remain profitable.
Mr. Erwin reiterarted, ”It takes monumental capital to enter today’s hosting market, particularly as company values skyrocket. Our industry is in a race to build new data centers and keep pace with customer requirements, at the same time managing balance sheets to accommodate growth and deliver shareholder profitability. At no time have the rewards been greater or the challenges more complex.”
ISPCON is the Internet industry event that focuses on wired and wireless ISPs, CLECs, web hosts, VoIP providers and other Internet-based businesses. ISPCON delivers a unique, comprehensive conference and the opportunity to reach the most viable, progressive and forward-thinking service providers.
Earlier this moneth, The Planet expanded its technology portfolio with new servers and load balancers. Adding a new mid-range, high-performance and Ready-To-Go servers to its product portfolio, the company also bolstered its private rack offerings with the availability of Foundry’s new ServerIron Global Server Load Balancer products that operate at gigabit speeds and beyond.
Designed to provide choices in processing power, price and flexibility, The Planet today adds three new servers to meet the needs of its broad customer spectrum:
- Dell 840 Kentsfield Servers: These next-generation mid-range performance servers are powered by a single quad-core multiprocessor system, equipped with Intel’s Xeon 3210 series processors with up to 8GB of memory.
- Dell PowerEdge 2950 Dual Clovertown Servers: These new ”skinny” Clovertowns provide high-performance Xeon 5335 processors that are less expensive and more flexible. With the smaller configuration and footprint, the dual processor, quad-core server delivers next-generation power, expandability, rack density and up to 1.8TB of internal storage
- Ready-To-Go Opteron Servers: The company’s Dual Opteron 265 servers are now part of its Ready-To-Go server line, available to customers in under an hour with or without the cPanel control panel.
Operating at gigabit speeds and beyond, Foundry Networks load balancers can provide the added benefit of multi-geography redundancy. Customers can choose from products that optimize performance and uptime of their critical applications.
- Foundry 4G: These load balancers are designed to meet the growing demand for secure and accelerated delivery of Web services in data center environments. The devices support a broad range of IP- and Web-based applications for small-scale enterprise and e-commerce organizations.
- Global Server Load Balancing: For customers who require load balancing and high availability across Web sites or server farms hosted in multiple data centers, the Foundry GSLB directs customers to the location with the fastest response time. In the event of a failure, GSLB transparently directs customers to the best alternate location for uninterrupted service.
The Planet’s network is designed without single points of failure, which means the network operates with full redundancy for its core routers and distribution switches. The company also offers carrier diversity, with connections to seven Tier-1 telecommunications providers. As a result, customers never face obstacles or suffer from poor peering connections, sub-optimal routing paths, or congested or oversold networks that limit the power, speed and availability of their sites.
Ultimately, The Planet endeavors to provide the following:
- High level of network capacity and speed to deliver peak performance
- Instant scalability to handle even the largest spikes in network traffic
- Parallel, redundant, multi-tiered network routing and switching architecture to assure reliability and stability
- Multiple layer network security that prevents Delayed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks from harming businesses
- Knowledgeable experts with a passion for excellence and a commitment to operate the best networks in the business
The Planet is a leading provider of On Demand IT Infrastructure solutions, hosting more than 22,000 small and medium size businesses and 2.8 million web sites worldwide, using the best choice of servers, software tools and support, backed by state-of-the-art facilities and network connectivity.
For more information about The Planet, please visit: www.theplanet.com.