Houston, Texas – (The Hosting News) – September 11, 2007 – Privately held dedicated web hosting company, The Planet, has debuted the launch of its Free Fall Savings promotion, designed for all new server orders, including a host of server performance and backup upgrades at no additional cost.
New server orders are eligible for free setup, a free RapidSSLCertificate and free 2GB DiskSync backup. For servers with a base monthly price of $150 or more, the special also includes free control panel software from a wide selection of industry vendors, including cPanel, Plesk, Ensim and Helm. This offer is available on all new server orders through Oct. 26, 2007 or while supplies last(a).
Steve Kahan, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management at The Planet remarked, ”Customers are preparing for the upcoming holiday traffic spike, so now’s the time to be certain systems can manage the influx. With Free Fall Saving, customers can take advantage of additional cost savings on performance and backup upgrades, backed by The Planet’s world-class data centers and network.”
Recently, The Planet debuted its new Dedicated Backup Server, equipped with R1Soft’s full-featured CDPServer continuous data protection software, including three storage options — 500 GB, 1TB or 1.5TB, with introductory pricing through September. The backup solution offers a small to large business solution with mission-critical, intense data storage needs. With unique delegated administration functionality provided on The Planet’s Dedicated Backup Servers, the new R1Soft solution is ideal for resellers who need backup capacity for their clients. In addition, there is no limit to the number of clients backed up for any of the three offerings.
The Planet’s Dedicated Backup Server delivers bare-metal recovery that allows customers to recover servers to their original known state. CDP provides a near-continuous snapshot of customer data, with the ability to rollback to the last data snapshot to minimize loss.
Dedicated Backup Server – Available in three configurations, The Planet’s Dedicated Backup Server provides the optimal price performance mix for a wide range of backup requirements:
- 500MB Dedicated Backup Server: Priced at $279/month, this server provides 3 250GB hard drives, RAID5, 1.5 TB of bandwidth and R1Soft CDPServer Backup Software with unlimited licenses
- 1TB Dedicated Backup Server: Introductory pricing at $309/month. Provides 3 500GB hard drives, RAID5, 2.5 TB of bandwidth, and R1Soft CDPServer Backup Software with unlimited licenses
- 1.5TB Dedicated Backup Server: Introductory pricing at $399/month. Provides 3 – 750GB hard drives, RAID5, 4 TB of bandwidth, R1Soft CDPServer Backup Software with unlimited licenses
The Planet’s hosted Microsoft SBS solutions provide customers with the following features for IT infrastructure:
- All-in-one practical solution: With a complete SMB IT portfolio-in-a-box, customers gain immediate access to Microsoft Exchange Server, Outlook, SharePoint Server and SQL Server, bundled with anti-virus and spam protection, and a comprehensive data backup service.
- Low upfront investment and predictable monthly costs: Customers can control their costs and reduce capital costs, which frees funds to grow their businesses. Using The Planet’s world-class data centers, there’s no need to purchase hardware, software and networking equipment, and no requirement to hire additional support staff.
- Anytime, anywhere access: Using any PC, customers can connect to critical e-mail, calendar and contact information through the Internet.
- Always up and running: All hosted Microsoft SBS servers are backed by an ironclad SLA that guarantees continuous availability.
- Dedicated infrastructure provides security and customizable solutions: With a dedicated hosted SBS server, critical e-mail and business data are stored on a system that’s not shared with other companies. Users can configure and customize solutions to meet their unique business needs, all managed by their trusted IT advisor and integrator.
- Do more with less: Using Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint technologies enables customers to share e-mail, calendar contact information and critical documents, improve productivity and reduce costs.
The Planet’s network is designed without single points of failure, which means the network operates with full redundancy for its core routers and distribution switches. The company also offers carrier diversity, with connections to seven Tier-1 telecommunications providers. As a result, customers never face obstacles or suffer from poor peering connections, sub-optimal routing paths, or congested or oversold networks that limit the power, speed and availability of their sites.
Ultimately, The Planet endeavors to provide the following:
- High level of network capacity and speed to deliver peak performance
- Instant scalability to handle even the largest spikes in network traffic
- Parallel, redundant, multi-tiered network routing and switching architecture to assure reliability and stability
- Multiple layer network security that prevents Delayed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks from harming businesses
- Knowledgeable experts with a passion for excellence and a commitment to operate the best networks in the business
The Planet is a leading provider of On Demand IT Infrastructure solutions, hosting more than 22,000 small and medium size businesses and 2.8 million web sites worldwide, using the best choice of servers, software tools and support, backed by state-of-the-art facilities and network connectivity.
For more information or to purchase a server, please visit: www.theplanet.com/free-fall/.
To learn more about The Planet, please visit: www.theplanet.com.