Winston-Salem, North Carolina – (via THE HOSTING NEWS) – August 22, 2005 – SolidSpace LLC, a
provider of dynamic hosting infrastructure, has announced the
availability of its WebObjects hosting service, which reduces
expenditures for administration teams, security, equipment, applications, data
backups and connectivity.
Previously, because of cost restraints, small customers were forced to use slower-scripted code such as that used in PHP, ASP or Cold Fusion. With SolidSpace, these customers can enjoy the benefits of much faster-compiled code offered by WebObjects. By taking advantage of this dynamic environment via SolidSpace, customers of all sizes also no longer have to worry about infrastructure issues, thus empowering them to focus solely on the success of their business.
SolidSpace offers the option of a license in a shared environment, or customers can have their own dedicated servers. Clients never have to worry about downtime, as SolidSpace handles all maintenance and will seamlessly migrate server contents to other areas while upgrades or changes are implemented. Additional benefits of WebObjects include:
* Framework that allows the server to store information, decreasing trips to the database, thereby increasing speed and capacity.
* Highly scalable due to built-in load balancing, allowing the seamless addition of extra servers to support a virtually unlimited number of users.
* Allows connections to other servers such as third-party accounting and calendaring solutions.
* Back-end databases that WebObjects can utilize, including OpenBase and Oracle, are capable of a feature called replication, which allow databases running in different locations to seamlessly share data.
* Ability to integrate with virtually any back-end database, including Exchange Server, MS SQL Server and many other popular databases, making it possible to pull and push data to and from many different environments.
Jim Capps, President of SolidSpace commented, “One of the biggest reasons why customers choose SolidSpace is because we strive to offer the latest, most cutting-edge tools that are traditionally only available to large-scale customers. The availability of WebObjects through SolidSpace is just another example of our commitment to delivering the most coveted solutions, supported by a team of hosting experts.”
WebObjects is a part of an already extensive list of platforms supported by SolidSpace, including Windows, Linux, ColdFusion, Mac Mini and SQL hosting. For more information on plans that start as low as $9.95 per month, visit www.solidspace.com.