Pearl River, New York – (The Hosting News) – May 14, 2008 – Web hosting firm, Easy CGI, has added two new dedicated Windows VPS plans, each with two terabytes of bandwidth, to its service portfolio. As a Microsoft partner, Easy CGI is increasing their number of dedicated server plans to five.
The range of plans are now capable of satisfying almost any dedicated hosting need – from those of small businesses, to those of large corporations.
The two new plans, Dedicated X10 and Dedicated X20, offer 100 and 200 gigabytes of disk space, respectively, two and four gigabytes of RAM, and two terabytes of bandwidth per month.
Dan Richfield, President of Easy CGI noted, ”Customers clearly want more server capability such as more disk storage and memory. We’ve always prided ourselves on being flexible about delivering what our customers want.”
Significantly, all of Easy CGI’s dedicated VPS plans guarantee a limited number of virtual servers for each hardware node, something few other hosting services do. By limiting the number of virtualization clients, each client is assured of a greater share of processor time, RAM, and disk space.
Dedicated virtual private servers (VPS) are midway between shared web hosting services and dedicated hosting services. They create multiple, independent virtual servers, each with its own operating system and other software, on a single, partitioned physical server. VPS customers enjoy the benefits of private hosting, but a less cost than having their own dedicated server.
Mr. Richfield continued, ”These range of plans suits almost any company of any size that needs an economical alternative to dedicated hosting. Our plans offer a variety of options, coupled with cutting edge technology.”
Recently, EasyCGI has released its Window Server 2008, making it available to all hosting customers, to allow for flexibility, better performance and greater security, with hosting features designed to save programming time and ehance profitability.
Windows Server 2008 hosting features IIS 7 (Internet Information Services 7) which builds upon the previous IIS 6 release to provide enhanced security and performance for web hosters. With the new server platform, Easy CGI’s hosting customers now have the flexibility to set up their hosting plans on Windows 2008, or continue with Windows 2003.
Microsoft has reported that IIS 7 is the most ambitious Microsoft Web server it has yet offered, having such features as FastCGI, which runs powerful PHP applications at high performance levels, and feature delegation, which lets users modify many website settings quickly through the web.config file. By offering more and better controls to developers, Windows Server 2008 enables them to develop applications locally, and then transfer them to the live server, without having to make updates to the server site.
Easy CGI has opted to provide Windows Server 2008 with IIS 7 for several reasons:
- Security – IIS 7 builds on the security features of IIS6 to offer the most secure web services ever offered by Microsoft.
- High-performance, reliable PHP hosting on the IIS web server using FastCGI.
- Cost-effective modular architecture – IIS 7.0 is already established in more than 40 feature modules that can be independently, quickly, and inexpensively installed.
- Improved functionality with IIS 7 Extensibility – The IIS7 core web server features use a new set of public web server APIs that all developers can use to extend, replace or add functionality to their web servers.
- Unified Configuration – Distributed configuration files can now be stored along with Web site or application content.
- LINQ – The LINQ (Language Integrated Query) Project is a set of extensions to the .NET Framework that include language-integrated query, set, and transform operations.
Easy CGI has been in the web hosting industry since 1994, offering technology, with cost effective, efficient solutions and customer service.
For more information about Easy CGI’s VPS Windows 2008 offering, please visit: www.easycgi.com/services/dedicated+hosting+overview.html.
For more information about Easy CGI, please visit: www.easycgi.com.